Master Cleanse

Options
Hi everyone! I am considering doing a master cleanse. I have done some research and found that there are quite a few options. I want to do something effective, but healthy. Have any of you done a cleanse? If so, what plan and how well did it work out?

Thank you for any information :)

Replies

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    The best option is to not do cleanses because they don't accomplish anything.

If you want all-natural, influenza or norovirus will really clean out the pipes, LOL.
  • clairehepple72
    clairehepple72 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mostly people lose the weight, feel hungry, 6 weeks later end up weighing more than when they started!!

Reduce your calories, increase your exercise and eat more healthily!! The only way forward.

If you want a clean out go for colonic .......
  • prettyhazelr
    Options
    I did the master cleanse, but only stayed on it for 6 days instead of the full 10. The first few days I was very hungry, but the next few I was fine and actually felt energized. I only lost about 5 pounds though probably because I did not do the morning salt water flushes. I gained most of the weight back in a short amount of time though. I would recommend just eating a healthy diet and exercising 30-45 minutes a day and you can get most of the same benefits of the cleanse if you drink hot lemon water in the morning and cold lemon water throughout the day.
  • sheilapie
    sheilapie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    pretty, thanks for the idea of the hot lemon water in the morning.. i forgot about that..
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Would you really trust ANYTHING this guy put together??
    doctor-who-the-master.jpg

You probably burn around 2,000 calories a day. That means that in a week you'd burn 14,000. There are 3,500 calories in a pound of fat. 14/3.5=4. 4 pounds. Even on a total starvation diet, you might lose four pounds. There is nothing magical about "master cleanse" for weight loss.

For cleansing your body, you have tens of thousands of years of adaptation and bacterial assistants and incredibly complex machinery that takes care of keeping your insides healthy.

I'm so, so sorry . . . the only answer is to exercise, eat plenty of green vegetables, healthy fats, and proteins.
  • SeahorseDolphin
    Options
    Start eating healthy now and you will see and maintain results, rather than losing some water weight, feeling hungry, and sinking into old habits.
  • lornaloo3
    lornaloo3 Posts: 102
    Options
    Would you really trust ANYTHING this guy put together??
    doctor-who-the-master.jpg

You probably burn around 2,000 calories a day. That means that in a week you'd burn 14,000. There are 3,500 calories in a pound of fat. 14/3.5=4. 4 pounds. Even on a total starvation diet, you might lose four pounds. There is nothing magical about "master cleanse" for weight loss.

For cleansing your body, you have tens of thousands of years of adaptation and bacterial assistants and incredibly complex machinery that takes care of keeping your insides healthy.

I'm so, so sorry . . . the only answer is to exercise, eat plenty of green vegetables, healthy fats, and proteins.

I loled. *high five*
  • CmarieW84
    Options
    I eat healthy and work out about 45 min daily. I wasn't so much doing it for weightloss purposes, but I have heard from people who have done them that they feel great after. I have read the pros & cons and have been leaning more towards not doing it, but just wanted to hear from others that may have done them. Thanks!