What Am I Doing Wrong?

Options
I love studying nutrition and discovering the benefits of food. I've read tons of books and articles and look up weight loss tips almost daily. My diet consists mainly of superfoods, lean proteins, and lots of water. I dont know how to improve my diet. Honestly ive worked so hard to perfect it. However, I go over everyday on protein, fiber, and sugar (i have three servings of fruit a day, but absolutely no added sugars in my diet). I stay within my calorie goal of 1600 but lately my weight has been going up and down a lot. I havent been exercising as much so i guess thats understandable. Im just getting frustrated and was wondering if anyone else is had trouble losing the last 5 to 10 pounds but succeeded?

My diet consists mainly of these foods:
berries
nonfat plain greek yogurt
apple
edamame
avocado
hummus made with olive oil
broccoli
salmon
chicken
1 egg
oatmeal
almonds
almond milk
spinach
turkey
quinoa
beans

Replies

• wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Your diet looks like the one I follow...17 day diet, up your cardio daily, my wt is up and down, and Im very strict, and rarely cheat, I am on thyroid med, which makes wt. come of slow. Exercise is the key for me.
  • chellecaldwell1
    Options
    Hi there,
    Nice to meet you. Your intake looks great. Maybe try eliminating the edmame, egg and yogurt for a while and slowly reintroduce them back into your diet and see what happens.

I'm an advocate for a new book I read. The virgin diet by JJ Virgin. She talks about 7 foods that can cause inflamation (bloating/digestion) which could be possible signs of food intolorence. That being Gluten, Soy, Dairy, Eggs, Peanuts, Corn & Sugar/Artificial sweetners. All possible items that could inhibit your weightloss.

I'm still on my path. I started January 12, 2013 up to date I lost 6.2 pounds along with exercise. I do feel much better. By the process of elmination, I cannot do dairy, soy or corn. I'm okay with that.

Although, everyone is different, you can try it out and you can see what works best with your body.
    Best to you!
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    All of those foods are great.

My biggest tip is to weigh your food. Most people are eating more than they realize. That, and exercise more if you can.
  • swilson133
    Options
    I am also frustrated. I did really well the first two weeks. Lost close to two pounds each week. Then I got on the scale yesterday and was shocked to see that I was back up two and a half pounds. I've not done anything different. Now I am totally discouraged and am having a really hard time staying motivated. :grumble: