spaghettie sauce

Options
2»

Replies

• Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    We throwing in a whole pile of veggies and herbs that we sauté first in olive oil:

Garlic
    Onions
    Carrots
    Peppers (whatever colour you want)
    Celery
    Thyme
    Oregano
    Seasoning salt
    Pepper
    Marjoram
    Sage
    Basil
    Bay leaves
    Chili peppers or red pepper flakes to taste

When all the veggies are soft, I either throw in cut up seasoned tomatoes or some kind of ready made sauce such as Hunt or Primo and then buzz it up in the food processor or blender. Then we add sliced mushroom and cooked ground beef if we are making a meat sauce. The last addition is optional but it is what make our sauce unique. We add some red wine vinegar and brown sugar to give it a slight sweet and sour taste. We don't use a lot but enough to give the sauce a zing.

Hope this gives you some ideas.
  • missy204
    Options
    wow I'm amazed at all the input here ;) will def give these other recipes a try! Thank you everyone! Lori- hmm never had spaghettie squash before. But, am def willing to give it a shot =) thanks for the idea!
  • SurrenderToNothing
    Options
    Oh man, I found an amazing raw foods spaghetti sauce recipe online! These are the ingredients you need:
    Tomatoes
    Bell peppers
    Sundried tomatoes
    A garlic clove
    Some olive oil
    Some seasoning (salt, pepper, herbs, cayenne)

Basically you just whizz it up in the blender and then you can heat it up!
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Some good ideas thanks x
  • johncarlfowler
    Options
    This is the best I've ever made. It seems too simple but you have to trust it.

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2010/01/tomato-sauce-with-butter-and-onions/

You can decrease the butter if you like but I would recommend using a cultured (European style) butter such as Lurpak in that or any case.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Red wine for the resveratrol.