Strange nut butters

Options
So,while strolling through whole foods I came upon a row of ...strange looking nut butters~hazelnut,cashew and macadamia.
Have you tried any of them?and what do you think?
I had a bad experience with sunflower butter and so I stick to peanut and almond,however those other ones look interesting.
I'm tempted to get some but all the same I'd rather know if its worth the money :)
Anyone?

Replies

• speedgraphic19
    Options
    I've never tried straight up hazelnut butter, but I have tried chocolate hazelnut butter (Nutella brand and otherwise), which is good for an occasional treat. I love cashew butter, but I don't buy it much; it can be incredibly expensive when not on sale!

I'd like to try macadamia nut butter. I've never seen that one before.
  • proudandprejudiced
    Options
    I suppose tahini is quite a strange one - it's sesame seeds. I love it though, even though I'm not that keen on humous.
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    After having my first ever allergic reaction last year to almond butter, I'm too afraid to try other nut butters. :(
  • HollyBmomof3
    HollyBmomof3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love Mac nut butter but it is thinner texture than others.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    After having my first ever allergic reaction last year to almond butter, I'm too afraid to try other nut butters. :(

There are various seed butters too if you want to avoid tree nuts altogether.