Yay, I'm done!! Wait, no I'm not...

Options
Hello! So, weigh-in this morning marked my first 5 pounds lost. Really stoked, happy, proud. My goal this last week was no alcohol, which I met. Again, yay!

BUT, this is typically where I get into trouble because I feel like I "finished" something and I want to celebrate (wine and chocolate! :drinker: ) and move on to the next thing. Reading these boards is really starting to help me change that mentality and understand that this needs to be my path indefinitely. Just wondering though, who else has/had this issue, and how you broke through that pattern of thinking.

Hope this made sense. Thanks!

Replies

• mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • baja572
    baja572 Posts: 94
    Options
    wonderful..keep going!
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Congrats on meeting your mini goals. I can relate to what you are saying. It's like we prove we can do it then once we accomplish it, we sabatoge ourselves. Good luck on your weight loss journey and know that you can continue to lose and be a winner!
  • ReneeDittmar
    ReneeDittmar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this question. I am only down 4 pounds so far, but it is progress. This is also where I tend to start slipping up. Today, for the first time in my life (EVER), I took before pictures. Front, side, and back. They are disgusting. I am trying to figure out where to put them so I am always reminded where I don't want to be.
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I think having mini goals is a good thing. It stops the whole thing seeming insurmountable! My latest mini goal is to be under 12st by Feb 1st. I am 12st now, so should happen. After that, I will set another - maybe to be able to run a certain distance by March 1st, or to zip into a certain dress. I work better like that!
  • julesdeere
    julesdeere Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well thanks you guys! Naeditty, I really want to take some "before" pics too, but I would seriously be so embarassed if anyone saw them. I'd have to use my phone, and my kids are constantly hi-jacking it. Good for you, though!
  • femmemusicale
    femmemusicale Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about setting up some non-food/non-drink related rewards for when you reach your goals? That might help, so that you can celebrate the accomplishment, but not in a food way. In fact, that was what really helped me most last year. For me, I chose "experience" rewards: flying lesson, horseback riding lesson, new clothes, etc. It worked pretty well. Actually, the point at which I didn't have a reward in mind is exactly where I plateaued and got stuck (and then creeped back up some). So, I'm going to make sure I have real rewards back in place for this year.

Regardless, you should feel great about reaching your first goal - well done!!!
  • ReneeDittmar
    ReneeDittmar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well thanks you guys! Naeditty, I really want to take some "before" pics too, but I would seriously be so embarassed if anyone saw them. I'd have to use my phone, and my kids are constantly hi-jacking it. Good for you, though!

I took them with my phone and put them on my lap top in a folder titled "me 165". Here's hoping no one sees them unless I'm at goal. Ha ha!

Keep up your good work. I was going to make this week a no alcohol week, but I had two glasses of wine after work on Friday. I'm going to try it this week. I know that we are have a Super Bowl party at our house next Sunday, so I'm planning ahead for that.
  • ginastone2
    ginastone2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Look at the little goals along the way like the battles you have won on your way to win the war!!!