P90X Beginners

Options
Anyone else out there start PX90 recently? Me and a group of friends started this week. We're all pretty out of shape and hurting. Lol

Replies

• jakki_brown
    jakki_brown Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    No one??
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yep. Did Plyometrics with a friend this morning. We're both experiencing soreness from yesterdays Chest and Back work. Given the condition of our knees and back, we're planning to switch out plyometrics and spin at the gym instead. I really like P90X, except for the the Plyometrics, (or rather, my knees don't like plyometrics) Good Luck!
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't touch P90x with a 10 ft pole, or insanity.
  • srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    I wouldn't touch P90x with a 10 ft pole, or insanity.

^^ LOL. I really wanna try it, but I know I would die, I need to lose like 50 lbs before attempting it. I'm sure if you search for P90X, you will come up with a lot of responses.
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have finished P90X. I didn't lose a lot of weight, but my body toned up quite a bit. I still throw it in to my rotation. I'm not the biggest fan of the "cardio" portion, but you can't beat the abs and arms.
  • aynit
    aynit Posts: 43
    Options
    There's a group called p90x game changers - join that group and you'll get a coach - and great support and advice.
  • isaacmartinezmotox
    Options
    You don't have to do exactly what they do. You just have to try and keep trying and you will see improvements.:smile:
  • isaacmartinezmotox
    Options
    Wells 0707,
    how was your diet when you did it? did you do the recommended one?
  • jakki_brown
    Options
    We have completed our first week. I can already tell a difference in my strength and endurance.
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm not currently doing P90X but when I did do it I recall the first week being a b i t c h. :)
  • dawnleanna1
    Options
    I started it again last week. I have trouble making it past 2 weeks! It's tough but I love the way I feel afterwards except for core due to c-section :( oww
  • jakki_brown
    Options
    Next week will be tough for different reasons than this week. I feel stronger physically, but after a day off I feel that I may need to talk my mind out of quitting. Haha

I am a little aggravated that I haven't lost any weight, but rather gained a little less than a lb. I know, this is possibly just due to some weigh gain from muscle. I have enough to lose that I should see a little bit of weight loss, though.
  • blueenvy
    blueenvy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I started a few days ago an blew it so im going to restart day one today.
  • jakki_brown
    Options
    Good luck with your restart!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I started last week and my legs are still hurting from Friday's workout! I'm looking forward to getting back to the chest & back today and hopefully make some gains from last week.
  • rsaree
    rsaree Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would love to pair up with one or more people to get started on P90X again. I did it a couple of years ago, but I'm pretty out of shape at this point.... would anyone like to partner up to hold each other accountable? I'm also a vegetarian, so if there's another like me who wants to compare diet AND excercise along the way, that'd be even better! :)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    We have a group with a bunch of people who done it or doing P90X, it can be a good resource for you if you want information or just motivation.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/42-p90x