Mashed Cauliflower?

13»

Replies

• Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Bump. Thanks!
  • I'm going to check out this site. Thanks :smile:
  • Also good as a pizza crust.

How do you make it into a pizza crust? Just mash and bake? Sounds intriguingly delicious!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Also good as a pizza crust.

How do you make it into a pizza crust? Just mash and bake? Sounds intriguingly delicious!

I don't really use an exact recipe but you take raw cauliflower, put it through the food processor or chop finely, then add egg whites, shredded cheese (parmesan or mozzarella) and whatever spices or herbs you like ( i use an italian blend). Spread it on parchement paper on a cookie sheet & back until it gets brown on the edges, take out & top with your favorite pizza toppings, then back in on broil for a few minutes. SOrry its not more exact but if you google cauliflower pizza crust you'll find lots of recipes for it. ITs really yummy!
  • Bump
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    chop, boil, drain well, smoosh with 1 tb of butter and some powdered buttermilk. Salt & pepper to taste
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    For a change - cauliflower foam:

cook 100g cauliflower in broth
    puree it with a mixer
    mix 1 egg yolk with a tablespoon of cream and 3g butter - and add to the cauliflower
    add salt, chopped parsley and white pepper
    beat up 2 egg whites until hard
    carefully add the egg whites to the cauliflower puree
    bake in over for 15 minutes over steam.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    bump
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Chop the head including stalk and inner leaves into approx 1 inch cubes. Add a small onion orl shallot finely chopped. Pour in 400 ml stock (low salt preferably). Add 1 tablespoon medium curry powder. Boil unti tender. Drain but reserve cooking stock.
    Blitz in the processor until smooth adding a little of cooking liquid if required
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    steam a head of cauliflower (make sure it is thoroughly cooked or this will end up gritty)
    drain and dump in to your food processor
    add 2 Tbls of low fat sour cream
    add 2 Tbls of Smart Balance (or similar)
    add 2 Tbls of grated parm cheese

grind it up and enjoy. Tastes like mashed potatoes only 1,000% better for you!

I have made it similar to this way a few times. It's been years though. But it is very good.
  • sallystarrfield
    sallystarrfield Posts: 19 Member
    1 head of cauliflower cut in bite size piece
    1 cup chicken stock
    4 minced cloves of garlic
    2 wedges of Lite Laughing Cow or Happy Farms spreadable cheese ( they are very small but flavorful)
    2 TBS lite sour cream
    1tsp horseradish

Boil first 3 ingredients, no additional water needed. Boil until cauliflower is soft. Drain. Add remaining ingredients and purée with immersion stick blender. Delicious. Total calorie count 240 calories with 6 grams of fat for the entire recipe! It also has 9 grams of protein. This serve 2-4, depending on your portions.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    steam a head of cauliflower (make sure it is thoroughly cooked or this will end up gritty)
    drain and dump in to your food processor
    add 2 Tbls of low fat sour cream
    add 2 Tbls of Smart Balance (or similar)
    add 2 Tbls of grated parm cheese

grind it up and enjoy. Tastes like mashed potatoes only 1,000% better for you!

This sounds AMAZING....
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    I saw one posted. Let me see if I can find it.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    This recipies are at the bottom of this post. She has quite a few recipes and ideas.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/667310-let-s-talk-about-shirataki-noodles-the-continuation

Hope you find a few good ideas. If I'm not mistaken, she is the one who came up with mashed califlower, then other people made changes to their particular taste.
  • ddiana21
    ddiana21 Posts: 68 Member
    Bump
  • Nothing to do with mashed califlower...BUT...I love to make a low cal pasta sauce then put it over steamed califlower...way less calories than pasta and tastes great.

Good idea :-D must try this myself!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    This might sound weird... But it works wonders for dessert volume. Srs.

Microwave your cauliflower until hot, then process/pulse/blend it into a mush. Then add some yoghurt (plain, Greek), cocoa powder, protein powder and a crap ton of berries. Stir it and put it in the freezer to chill for a few hours.
    Omonomnomnom.
  • And you can combine with mashed potato's if you're not quite sure! It's GOOD :-)