Do you reward your success, how? Big or small :)

Options
Proalina
Proalina Posts: 20 Member
I am usually pretty darn good all week long with my work outs and my diet. But in order for me not to fail and fall off the wagon I need to feel like I'm not depriving myself. So my treat on the weekend if coffee with real sugar. ( I have a horrible sweet tooth, esp. At night, so I stay away) I get my fix and don't feel like I'm giving anything up :) last night I not only fit into but had EXTRA room in a pair of jeans that I wasn't able to wear in a year. They for better now then they did a year ago.
How do you reward your success big or small?

Replies

• Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I treat myself daily.. Coffee with real sugar every morning.. candy or a yummy snack almost daily as it fits into my calorie count.. sometimes cake too.. I never feel deprived..
  • Kaali1985
    Kaali1985 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    As corny as it sounds the fab mood it puts me in when I have a success is enough of a reward for me :)

Tho a little retail therapy is never A bad thing lol
  • SDHudgins1976
    Options
    small square of dark chocolate Mon-Fri (I figure I deserve a reward for not choking any children, forget the diet ha!)

other than that planning on a manicure once 25 pounds are gone :)
    Haven't planned rewards past that point.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a shopper so I reward myself with "things". Clothes and accessories, mainly. If I lose all 85 lbs I'm totally buying a Porsche. lol
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I do love a glass of wine within my calorie count some days, for every 14 lb loss I am going to take a pic for my success story, and I Have seen a gorgeous costume I want to buy for my holidays in April, just need to lose more weight first x
  • Proalina
    Proalina Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    SDHudgins1976
    Joined Jan 2013
    Sun 01/27/13 02:02 PM
    small square of dark chocolate Mon-Fri (I figure I deserve a reward for not choking any children, forget the diet ha!)

other than that planning on a manicure once 25 pounds are gone :)
    Haven't planned rewards past that point.

Haha, the kids part is so true. I homeschool so I feel ya!!
    Love the mani reward idea. I plan on rewarding myself with a new wardrobe after 25 pounds. I'm not too big BUT I have an extremely hard time dropping even one pound.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My husband just bought me a new charm bracelet and I decided for every 10 pounds I get a new charm. At 50 and 100 pounds I am getting new tattoos. I will probably get a massage at some point, maybe 75. I used to always reward myself with food, it's part of the reason I am so heavy now.Good luck on your journey!
  • seeashleysave
    seeashleysave Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love to shop as much as the next person, but I don't consider that a reward, it's more of a necessity at this point. I've lost 88 pounds total so far, and here's what I've done to reward myself/planning to do:

SW: 319 pounds
    CW: 231 pounds
    Height: 5'8"

Goal 1: 20 pounds--Since this got me under 300, I celebrated with a pedicure and treating myself to a movie.
    Goal 2: 40 pounds--Tickets to a concert
    Goal 3: 60 pounds--Bought a Free People (favorite clothing brand) dress that was slightly too small in hopes to wear it soon
    Goal 4: 80 pounds--Mini vacation (4 day long weekend)
    Goal 5: 100 pounds--I'm planning on getting a new tattoo of an anchor to remember this journey
    Goal 6: 120 pounds (I will be at 199 lbs)--This is a big one because I'm breaking into the 100s. I'm planning to fly to California and go to the music festival Coachella with a few of my friends who are working toward the same weight loss goals.

Beyond that, I haven't quite figured out what goals I want to set for my last 30 pounds. I'm planning on changing it to every 10 pounds for the last few goals because I will be getting closer to my ideal weight.
  • marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a shopper so I reward myself with "things". Clothes and accessories, mainly. If I lose all 85 lbs I'm totally buying a Porsche. lol

This is me totally. Once my baby weight is gone I am going shopping. I carry a list in my wallet of things I want/ need and the list keeps growing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!