What's for dinner tonight?

Options
2»

Replies

• osmom3kids
    Options
    Seared Salmon with Sweet Potatoes
    300 calories per serving, 31g protein, 22g carbs, 9g fat, 4g fiber,430mg sodium

~1lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
    ~1 bag (6oz) baby spinach
    ~4 pieces of boneless, skinless center cut salmon filets (5oz each)
    ~1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
    ~1 lemon
    ~1 cup dry white wine
    ~2 tsp capers
    ~1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
    Microwave the cubed potatoes in 1/4 cup water, 1/4 tsp pepper and salt. Cover with plastic wrap on microwave on high for 8 min or untill soft. Add spinach and recover and micorwave for another 2 min.
    Sprinkle salmon with cayenne and a pinch of salt. In a nonstick skillet on medium, sear the salmon for 10 min or untill it flakes easily turning over halfway through. Transfer to plate.
    From lemon, finely grate 1/2 tsp of the peel onto fish. Squezze 1 tbs of the lemon juice into a cup.
    To skillet, add wine and capers. Boil over high heat untill liquid is reduced by half, scraping brown bits from bottom. Remove from heat and add lemon juice and parsley.
    Divide potato mixtures onto plates and top with fish. Spoon sauce over fish.

BOOM!! Delish and good for you :heart:
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Waffles, bagels, and ice cream.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Taco Soup! My recipe includes...

-1 can corn
    -1 can light red kidney beans
    -1 can red beans or pinto beans (I've been using red beans)
    -2 cans of diced tomatoes
    -1 small can green chilies (or buy two cans of tomatoes with green chilies in them instead)
    -1 onion, diced
    -1 packet taco seasoning
    -1 packet ranch dressing mix
    -1 pound (give or take) of lean ground beef (ground turkey would probably work too, but I haven't tried it that way)

Brown your meat up, then drain. Add everything else and bring to a boil. Garnish with cheese, fritos corn chips, sour cream, and whatever else you may like for taco-style stuff (a friend used guacamole as well). Delicious, filling, and decent on the calorie count. It's one of my favorite soups :)
  • 20tulipgirl20
    Options
    Homemade chile with shredded colby jack cheese!
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    3 oz Tri-color rotini w/ a cup of peas, 1/4 cup of shredded mozarella and a dash of Mrs Dash garlic and herb seasoning. Yum!
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Had some homemade chicken noodle soup with grilled cheese on wheat bread. Yummy
  • Olivia1977
    Olivia1977 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Grilled Bacon Cheeseburger on a Kaiser roll with lettuce, tomato, pickles, mayo, ketchup, and mustard with Lay's sour cream and onion chips on the side....moderationand portion control is the key.
  • leketchup
    leketchup Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with onion & chive.
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    baked chicken breasts in panko, german wild chive flavored egg noodles and fresh cooked spinach with a shake of parmesan on top of the noodles with a little pesto..fan freakin tastic!
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    brown rice and steak
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken glazed with teriyaki sauce, red quinoa with wilted kale and pine nuts, sautéed asparagus, chocolate pumpkin muffin.
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My hubby is going to cook cornish game hens on the grill...probably have baked potatoes and some veggies with it. Can't wait!!