Need Motivating Friends!

Options
Hello. My name is Amanda, and I am new to this site. I originally signed up last year, but I never made an entry until recently. I am needing some motivating and encouraging friends to continue on my weight loss journey.

I am wanting to lose 80-100 pounds. I am 5'0, and weight 218 pounds. My biggest was 223 pounds. I want to lose the weight so I can feel better about myself and not feel so depressed. I am embarrassed to leave my house because I feel like people are making fun of me. I started gaining the weight when I met my SO. We have been dating almost 4 years now. I keep getting told that I put on weight because "I am happy and comfortable", but I want to lose the weight to feel better about myself. I just don't understand how I let myself get so out of shape. :(

If anyone is interested in motivating me during my weight loss journey, please feel free to send me a friend request/message!

Replies

• RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    sent friend request :)
  • x3Gingerx3
    Options
    Hi, i just signed up now too! i had an account last year but i have no idea what my password was so I'm trying again with this.
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add :)
  • GaryMerr
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • ChunkyMonkey207
    ChunkyMonkey207 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!!
  • ag345206
    Options
    Hey Amanda.

I am in the same boat as you. I am 5'2" and about 210 right now. I want to lose about 90 lbs as well. I sent you a request if you want to keep track of each other on this journey.

Alexandra
  • cupcake_jen
    cupcake_jen Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Im 5'1 and weigh 218.6! Were on the same boat. Ur not alone. Friend request sent
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and started at 228-230... Currently 187 as of today.

you can do it!!!!
  • aeverson2
    Options
    Hi my name is Angelia, I signed up last year and loved the results I got. I was amazed when I stopped I was able to pretty much maintain my weight because of the knowledge I gained. I love being able to plan ahead for what I wanted to eat and still loose weight. I eat anything I want by watching my portions and trading calories throughout the day, I made wiser decisions when I knew I wanted that Entree from the Olive Garden or that steak from the Outback. Because of this program I see real rewards and I am never hungry. Remember to eat all your meals. Stay away from prepackaged food if you can, Eat fruits and vegetables and all those delicious raw foods. Remember to reward yourself. Last night I went to the movie and had a small popcorn,a small coke and the small bag of raisinettes, it was delicious(I skipped the extra melted butter on my popcorn though) . You can loose the weight. Remember don't starve yourself, just stay within your limits and stay off of that sofa. Get up go for a walk or play the Wii or something. I love to turn on the music and shake my worries away, Goodluck Angelia
  • Purplefishie
    Purplefishie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Another shortie here at 5'1! I'm currently at 190. Friend request sent :)
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    We're one similar friend, I am 5'9 and 200lbs add me if you want x
  • pselders1
    pselders1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request. I just joined almost a month ago and need that extra encouragement as well. I spend hours sometimes just reading post that people write on the forum. This is the first time I ever posted myself and just started sending request for friends about ten minutes ago. I think it will help keep me focused and maybe not get so discouraged. Good luck to us in our journey....
  • 0408boys
    0408boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, I have been here 3 weeks and working out for 4.
  • mdnic1
    mdnic1 Posts: 6
    Options
    Feel free to add me and you'd be my first friend. My goal is to lose around 45 lbs and I started using this sight about two months ago. I need the extra encouragement of a group and it will help to keep each other accountable!
  • dcuevas6235
    Options
    I just started last week,

Feel free to add me.
  • tmayes1980
    tmayes1980 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'4 235 and desperately wanting to get this extra weight gone! I'm not looking for a bikini body, just want to be healthy and happy. I have been using this app for 3 weeks now and that is the longest I have ever stuck with anything. I've also lost 3lbs o far and I couldn't be more excited! I am seeking some new friends to make this journey with me. One can never have enough support and motivation. Please feel free to add me!
  • SeafoodSoop
    Options
    Sent a friend request, your situation sounds a lot like mine. Had been down to my lowest weight in years, got married, and omgwhathappened. Good luck!!