Carbs, Sodium, Sugar

Options
Cp731
Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
I'm noticing a patteren of Carbs, Sodium being in the higher #'s of my food log, but never over daily rec. amount. I'm pretty much ONLY consuming salads with a lot of diff veggies:such as beets, black beans, carrots, snow peas,tomato. Im eating 1-2 Pomegranet a day. High in sugar and I'm always over.I believe the Pom is keeping me from craving sweets. I dont have cravings. I do want to lose weight but I dont want to waste time doing this backwards. Do I have a right to be concerned with Carbs, Sodium, Sugar if they are coming from the fruits and veggies Im consuming?

Replies

• supergirljen
    Options
    I was kind of wondering the same thing. I seem to avoid fruit as to not go over on carbs because I love snacks, pasta etc...I was thinking that this can't really be the healthy way to do it. I'm pretty sure if I don't have the things I love, I will give up or binge on them.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I'd say no, I try to meet and exceed carbs, fat, protein, sugar and sodium. Might just be what I function well on though. :)
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    The "American Heart Association" says you should not get more than 2400mg of sodium a day. They highly recommend trying to stay under 1500 (which is really hard to do). I have an open food diary.. so feel free to check it out. I eat lots of veggies and make sure (most days) to get 3 fruits in. I also have to do lower carbs due to being diabetic. (if you want to add me as a friend, feel free to do so)
  • Cp731
    Options
    I do love the foods Im eating tho, I just dont understand why they are all filled with Carbs, Sodium and Sugar if they are also Healthy for us.
  • Cp731
    Options
    Thanks.
  • ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm noticing a patteren of Carbs, Sodium being in the higher #'s of my food log, but never over daily rec. amount. I'm pretty much ONLY consuming salads with a lot of diff veggies:such as beets, black beans, carrots, snow peas,tomato. Im eating 1-2 Pomegranet a day. High in sugar and I'm always over.I believe the Pom is keeping me from craving sweets. I dont have cravings. I do want to lose weight but I dont want to waste time doing this backwards. Do I have a right to be concerned with Carbs, Sodium, Sugar if they are coming from the fruits and veggies Im consuming?

If u are working or studying or do workouts burning more than 500 calories, then make sure to consume 50%-55% carbs. If u spend most of the time sitting or doing less exercise, then make sure to balance carbs below 130g.
    Coming to sodium, try to consume very less sodium. If u in-take more sodium, make sure to drink more water to flush sodium off. Too much sodium will not give weight loss easily & might cause weight gain for few people.
    Sugar can be consumed at moderate only if u are not diabetic. Fruits have got natural sugars, so don't worry about it. =)
  • katbat7
    Options
    You want to try and keep sugar to a minimum. If sugar is a problem, go cold turkey and keep even fruit to a minimum for the first two weeks and then gradually re-introduce it but don't go overboard. Fruit is good for you - but in moderation.