app for weight lifting?

Options
j4nash
j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
any app out there that recommends daily weightlifting routines as well as tracks progression and changes types of exercises over time?

Replies

• swervinh
    Options
    Stronglifts
  • ajmiller1987
    ajmiller1987 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I started using Fitocracy a few weeks ago. It will keep track of the different exercises you do, the weight, reps, sets, etc. and already has pretty much any lift you would be doing in their database. The ability to track cardiovascular/non weight-lifting exercises is available, too.

It also has sort of a video game aspect to it where you get points for your workouts and "level up". There are also lots of achievements and quests you can do which can make things a bit more fun and help you add variety to your workouts.
  • AnnabellKE
    AnnabellKE Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Troublemonster
    Troublemonster Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I use and LOVE "JEFIT pro", my wife and I both use it and have enjoyed thumbin through other people's workouts and are now on the same routine which I designed and we modified after working through it a few weeks. It tracks progress and measurements etc.
  • Faulkners407
    Faulkners407 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Imuscle. I put it on my I pad. I like it because it shows 3d body, you can select a muscle, it shows various exercises for it. You can build your work out, demonstrates proper form. It tracks your progress, I really like it!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Jefit

/thread
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    JE Fit is excellent. Lots of variety and they show you how to do the exercise.
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Jefit

/thread

Agreed....you won't be dissatisfied with this app! Very thorough....once you select your routine all you have to do is show up to the gym and get to it.

Ok, now /thread again
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    oooo very cool idea, thanks for the tips!
  • StantonLeFort
    StantonLeFort Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Agree that Jefit is good.

I'll throw another one I am using: Pumping Weight. Very simple just-what-you-need calendar schedule approach for somebody that needs the tracking. You can get it at the iStore or read about it here: http://www.pumpingweight.com/

Unfortunately neither seem to interface with MFP yet. :(
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Interfacing wouldn't really help since both apps are primarily for lifting, not cardio, and MFP doesn't really track lifting calories.
  • StantonLeFort
    StantonLeFort Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    DavPul ... I beg to politely disagree. I see two ways the integration can help.

First, I would like to have it automatically sync the strength training details so I could see everything within MFP (this would be under the Strength category, showing exercise, reps, weight etc.). Having everything is one place in the tool I used most during the day is very powerful.

Second, it could sync the estimate (or dictated) calories under the "Cardio/Strength Training" category in MFP so that I account for that calorie burn during the workout. (For example, Runtastic currently syncs the Weightlifting "time" to MFP under the Cardio/Strength category capturing estimated calories.)

Just my 2 cents. Stan