Hello Everyone, any lapbanders out there?

Options
Hey Guys,

I am not new to my fitness pal. I use to use it like 4 years ago but I like that new improvements so I am back. I got the lapband surgery back on 12/6/2012 and have so far been successful but not without a few plateaus. So in order to stay on track and make sure I record what I eat I decided to download the app and keep on tracking for myself and also for my nutritionist.
She will be thrilled I found a way to be consistent.
Just wondering if there are any other lapbands out there who want to join forces and keep each other motivated?
A little about myself:
Love Yoga and running. I have joined 5 running events this year 3 half marathons, 2 10K's, 1 mud run 5k and I enjoy yoga 3 times a week. I am going back to school for my masters, yay (hence why I joined yoga, super stressful.) I work full time in accounting.
I have always been active and enjoy the outdoors but found it difficult to lose weight due to PCOS. I chose the lapband surgery since I have researched it be successful for others with the same condition and I do not regret it, just wish I would have done it sooner. I have had no complications and have been enjoying the weight loss thus far. It's nice to see that my all my exercising has not been in vein. lol.
So just throwing a line out there in hopes to get some friends. A weight loss journey can get pretty lonely but it is more enjoyable and motivating when other join in on the fun.
Hope to meet some interesting people soon.
-VB

Replies

• SamF92
    SamF92 Posts: 22
    Options
    HI VB :) I am also a lapbander. Don't have any restriction in my band (by choice) but have been banded for 4+ years and have lost around 45kgs :) Feel free to add me!
  • VintageBeautyBliss
    Options
    Hey Sam,

So I haven't lost too much just 9kgs since banded back in December. Had the first fill back in January. I am due for a second in March. I want to say congratulations on the 45KGS loss. That is amazing!! It's those kind of goals that inspire me to keep going and not be frustrated.
    Right now I am making small goals for myself to assist with my lifestyle changes.
    Last week I changed my snacks to fruit and veggie based choices. I feel back in love with cucumber in vinegar and pepper.
    This week I am going to work on drinking more water.
    I am glad to hear the band worked for you I get discouraged at times when people tell me I made a bad choice and that the lap band causes complications. I haven't experienced these personally. I don' have acid reflex or vomiting problems. Things don't come up because I take the time to chew my food. I noticed the only people who have those problems are the ones who eat what they are not suppose to or eat too much.
    Since having the surgery how has the lap band changed your life?
    -VB
  • LexThaSongbyrd
    LexThaSongbyrd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm not a lapbander but I am a bariatric patient. I got sleeved in March 2012, down about 93lbs so far. I'd love to friend you. Although we've had different surgeries, all of us bariatric patients need the same support and a reminder to always go back to the basics when we reach a plateau or experience any weight regain :) I wish you much success on your life long journey towards maintenance and better health!
  • LexThaSongbyrd
    LexThaSongbyrd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've also said this before on other bariatric surgery related posts...do you use obesityhelp.com? It's an awesome support site and forum for people like us. If you don't use it and need some daily support, advice and wisdom, I'd encourage any bariatric surgery patient to use that site! We are all in this journey together! :)