wls support

Options
My hubby just went through weight loss surgery . Im trying to be supportive and follow the diet with him but i soooo want real food. any one else out there going through this? oh and im a closet eater myself on top of it. Dont get me wrong i want to loose weight too we just have different ideas on how to get there.

Replies

• eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by real food? Is he still limited on the type of food he can have?

You have done really well on losing weight!

I eat real food, not much meat cuz I don't really like meat. What has changed for me is I eat less cheese and I avoid bread and pasta. Cut way back on the gluten but pretty much I eat whatever food. Just trying to stay away from processed food because of the sodium and other chemicals in it.

Fill out your profile more and get some friends. I get lots of ideas from friends' diaries!
  • LexThaSongbyrd
    LexThaSongbyrd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This can be sooooo easy and fun for you all! I had surgery almost a year ago. I'm down 93lbs. I cook for my fiance and just use healthier alternatives. He doesn't even like healthy foods so I just don't tell him what I use in what I cook him! LOL and He loves what I cook. My two favorite websites for bariatric/family friendly recipes are bariatricfoodie.com and theworldaccordingtoeggface.com. Both sites are by female bloggers who had weight loss surgery and they cook for themselves and their family. Two other websites I use for healthy alternatives are hungrygirl.com (hungrry-girl.com/tvshow/recipes) and snack-girl.com. There are so many other websites that you can just google and find fun/easy recipes that will be surgery friendly for him (high protein/low carb) and also healthy for you. If you haven't heard of obesityhelp.com, it's a support website for bariatric patients. They have forums for all of the different surgeries and they even have a forum for spouses who are in support of their significant other who went through or are planning to go through surgery. It's a great resource that I use daily. You can definitely be on this journey with him. Alot of people on obesityhelp.com always talk about how their significant other wound up loosing weight with them and being healthier all around by just being wholeheartedly involved and sharing the experience with them. Good luck to you all!
  • fluttermom5
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am new to this and already feeling hungry trying to watch my fat intake and carbs. I' m doing 1200 cal/ 33g fat combo for pre- diabetes reversal. Any ideas?
  • LexThaSongbyrd
    LexThaSongbyrd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am new to this and already feeling hungry trying to watch my fat intake and carbs. I' m doing 1200 cal/ 33g fat combo for pre- diabetes reversal. Any ideas?

You had weight loss surgery? If so, how far out are you? I have tons of suggestions!