Most motivating comment you've received lately?

Options
2»

Replies

• CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    On Wednesday, the group fitness instructor couldn't make it to class, so the group fitness director pulled me off my spin bike and asked me to teach. Even though I taught to random music and made up the moves on the spot, I had people tell me they had more fun in my class than in the certified instructor's class last week. I even had some newbies to the gym ask me what else I taught because they loved my class. I just snickered and said I don't teach...I am not certified, but thanks!

It was so fun, and it made me feel great!

Dang, lady, that's impressive! Fitness ability aside, I don't think I'd have the courage to step up like that, so props! But with legs like that, I'm not surprised he asked you to teach - you look more than capable.
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    As you can see by my ticker, I just started eating healthy and doing very low-impact exercise, so I was a bit blindsided by this one.

I regularly babysit for a great family, and when I do, I wear really baggy clothes. That way I can get down on the ground easily and play trucks :happy: As the mom was on her way out, she stopped and looked at me. "Are you losing weight? You look skinny!" I was floored. I wasn't expecting that at all, especially when wearing an old T-shirt that was big on me even at my very heaviest.

When she came home, she brought me two salads, one for me, and one for my husband, and overpaid me (once again!) :bigsmile: All this, and her son is always a perfect angel. Obviously, I babysit for them whenever they need me!
  • RavenNevermore15
    RavenNevermore15 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Three this week actually! I went to a comedy show that a friend of mine was performing at and we haven't seen one another in about 4 years. He's not the kind of guy to compliment but the first thing he said was, "Holy s$%* you look amazing!" Then, I had to go in for a lifting physical for work and the physical therapist told me I was in fantastic shape and to keep up the good work!! Then I saw a friend at a party last night (he hasn't seen me for a few months) and said, "where did the rest of you go? Wow!!"

Sometimes the comments aren't so frequent but you have to know that somewhere someplace and sometime, there is someone looking at you thinking something good about you! :)
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    On Wednesday, the group fitness instructor couldn't make it to class, so the group fitness director pulled me off my spin bike and asked me to teach. Even though I taught to random music and made up the moves on the spot, I had people tell me they had more fun in my class than in the certified instructor's class last week. I even had some newbies to the gym ask me what else I taught because they loved my class. I just snickered and said I don't teach...I am not certified, but thanks!

It was so fun, and it made me feel great!

Dang, lady, that's impressive! Fitness ability aside, I don't think I'd have the courage to step up like that, so props! But with legs like that, I'm not surprised he asked you to teach - you look more than capable.

Awww, thanks! :heart:
    105295 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    2 weeks ago, I made a promise to myself to be able to sing at least part of the song mix that's played at my gym while kick boxing. Finally was able to do it! Even better, the guy at the bag next to me picked up the singing too! Feels good to rev up the endurance and better breathing control lol^^b
  • Calantorntain
    Calantorntain Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    In the locker room at the gym, a woman came up to me and told me that she was impressed with how much I was able to lift :)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    This week, as I was returning from a work trip, I handed the TSA agent my ID. She said "wow, you have lost a lot of weight!"

(Oddly enough, I think that photo is only about 10-15 pounds different from where I am now -- and 20-25 pounds lighter than my heaviest, but my face does look a little chubbier there. Must be the weight training.)
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I heard a couple of motivating comments. Coworkers at my part time job, some of which I haven't seen in months, asked if I was working out because I was shrinking :smile: