Hi! I'm new and need friends for support :)

Options
Hi I'm new and would love some friends so I can have some peer support. I joined in early Jan and have lost around 7lbs so far. Seems like the weight loss has slowed a bit of late. Does anyone out there do one day off a week like weight watchers? I tried this this week and really like the idea of being able to indulge once in a while. What I learned is that even when I allow myself to indulge, I end up eating only enough to maintain my current weight. So there isn't really a back slide - just a reset. I still keep track of everything I eat and then I'm back on track the next day. Well, that's my story for now! Thanks for reading.

Replies

• paulmcintosh
    paulmcintosh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hey add me :)
  • TruScorpio169
    TruScorpio169 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me.. love making new friends!

I don't take one day off, I just allow myself to have a cookie here candy bar there.. but I have small portions like the other day I was having a serious chocolate craving so I got a chocolate dove bar, broke it in half, and threw the rest out... that half satisfied my chocolate craving with half the calories.
  • stanleyc0110
    Options
    Hello, I have found that if you do moderate exercise as part of your diet plan, you can take that day off and still maintain your overall caloric goal for the week. I like this software program because it will allow you to track your caloric intake for the week. By off-setting some calories with exercise, you can enjoy that one day and still be within your overall program goal. I also found that your body will adjust and you can plateau from time to time. This, again, is where exercise will counter that plateau and you can still progress. Just a thought, hope it helps.
  • hubtech
    hubtech Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like to keep an even keel and not take a day off. I prefer to stay vigilant. I also like Stanley's advice for getting the moderate exercise - walking will do. To start with I bought a pedometer and worked my way up to 10,000 steps a day. Once I lost enough I was able to step it up and now I've joined a gym and work out with a personal trainer 3 times a week.

Having said that, you need to do what works for you. If you need a day off and can keep from over indulging then go for it.

Anyone can me too.
  • Shas2228
    Shas2228 Posts: 187
    Options
    You can add me if you want. :bigsmile: I'm always up for new MFP friends.

I don't have cheat days, but I'm absolutely obsessed with my new way of life.

My best friends personal trainer told her she could have a cheat of 500 calories once a week.
  • mackie619
    Options
    add me as well if you'd like. making healthy choices and exercising arent easy but with a good support system you can stay motivated