What's YOUR motivation?

Options
Of course I want to look and feel good. I want to be able to keep up with my two little ones (2 and 5). But the real fire behind this (soon to be) hot mama's fiery??? I want to make my estranged husband wish he had some sense. We've been separated for 1.5 years. He never wanted to make it work. Looks like a divorce is on it's way in the next month or so (long story). But anyway, it's finally hit me that I'll be a single lady again. But this time I will be a single mom. I dont want to look like a mom, I want to look like a hot mom. I want to make heads turn, like I did at one time. And I really want to make him feel like he cant do any better...... :tongue:

What's your motivation?

Replies

• lewis8750
    Options
    Awesome Motivation!! Good luck, and I'm sure you're already turning heads!
  • shrinkingturnip
    Options
    First and foremost, to overcome 19 years of being obese and almost as many years of hating who I am because of it. I want to lose weight, get in shape, and be fit so that I can be proud of all my body is capable of.

But my shallow motivation? I might be going on a cruise in a little over nine months. I am far from swimwear ready in my current state. "^_^
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    My motivation...my health...I have lost 130 pounds in the past...was doing a great job maintaining and then I was diagnosed with breast cancer...after surgery and treatments I packed on about 20 pounds...six months later I was pregnant...packed on about 65 pounds...now I'm fighting to get it off...I know I can do it...BTW...you can do it...I got divorced and when I did I was the healthiest, most fit ever and I know it killed him...lol...now he is stuck with a nasty looking gal and I'm getting remarried...hahaha
  • HuwaydaS
    HuwaydaS Posts: 116
    Options
    My motivation (person) Is Tarek
  • kimanne4
    kimanne4 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in November and I don't want to look like I'm 40. I've been running and pushing myself to be as physically fit as possible so I can feel good and look good going into my 40s. Plus there is the whole I'm single and men are paying a lot more attention since I've lost some weight. Not a bad thing:)
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    tired of being the overweight one.......
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    My motivation has changed from when I started, when I started it was to keep from dying. Now it's to see what's next to see what changes I will see. What NSV will I see next and what will I look like when I'm done. I spent most of my first half of my life fat let's see what I can do with my last half thinner and healthier.
  • amjmom
    amjmom Posts: 32
    Options
    My motivation comes from 2 things. First I went on a ride with my 7 year old at a Six Flags park and I knew the ride did not lock down the way it should have. Scared me to death as I tried to both hold him in the seat and then hold the bar down as well. I never want to experience that again and I love amusement parks. The other biggest motivator was that I was diagnosed with Diabetes back in October and guess what..... I just had my A1C rechecked and it was down to 5.9 which is normal So in the last 4 months I have successfully beat Diabetes with diet and exercise. Looking good will be my reward.
  • NCVF
    NCVF Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, to overcome 19 years of being obese and almost as many years of hating who I am because of it. I want to lose weight, get in shape, and be fit so that I can be proud of all my body is capable of.

But my shallow motivation? I might be going on a cruise in a little over nine months. I am far from swimwear ready in my current state. "^_^

Great goal! and you "shallow" goal is not shallow at all! You deserve to have fun and feel comfortable when you go!
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I weighed 130-135 pounds in 2008 (18 years old). I've gained the first 30 pounds in 2009 (19 years old) and the other half in 2010 (20 years old) and I got up to 195 pounds. In summer of 2011 (21 years old) something clicked and I ran all that summer. I lost almost half of what I gained, since then I've been in the 170s all throughout 2012 (22 years old). I just had a birthday. I'm now 23, thinking I am so young, I really want to be healthy once again. Pictures from me at 130lbs and at 195lbs just remind me every single day that I am doing this for my health. I come to finally realize that I am my biggest motivation. :) Im working towards my goal remaining very positive :)
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Looking good without pants
  • NCVF
    Options
    My motivation...my health...I have lost 130 pounds in the past...was doing a great job maintaining and then I was diagnosed with breast cancer...after surgery and treatments I packed on about 20 pounds...six months later I was pregnant...packed on about 65 pounds...now I'm fighting to get it off...I know I can do it...BTW...you can do it...I got divorced and when I did I was the healthiest, most fit ever and I know it killed him...lol...now he is stuck with a nasty looking gal and I'm getting remarried...hahaha

WOW! your motivation just motivated me! You sound like one tough cookie! I cant wait to make him feel like that. :P
  • NCVF
    Options
    I'll be 40 in November and I don't want to look like I'm 40. I've been running and pushing myself to be as physically fit as possible so I can feel good and look good going into my 40s. Plus there is the whole I'm single and men are paying a lot more attention since I've lost some weight. Not a bad thing:)

You're very pretty! I bet you do have them turning heads!
  • NCVF
    Options
    tired of being the overweight one.......

Amen to that! I hate being the fat friend when I'm with my skinny friends. :(
  • NCVF
    Options
    My motivation has changed from when I started, when I started it was to keep from dying. Now it's to see what's next to see what changes I will see. What NSV will I see next and what will I look like when I'm done. I spent most of my first half of my life fat let's see what I can do with my last half thinner and healthier.

Sounds like youre on your way! Best of luck!
  • NCVF
    Options
    My motivation comes from 2 things. First I went on a ride with my 7 year old at a Six Flags park and I knew the ride did not lock down the way it should have. Scared me to death as I tried to both hold him in the seat and then hold the bar down as well. I never want to experience that again and I love amusement parks. The other biggest motivator was that I was diagnosed with Diabetes back in October and guess what..... I just had my A1C rechecked and it was down to 5.9 which is normal So in the last 4 months I have successfully beat Diabetes with diet and exercise. Looking good will be my reward.

Wow that is scary.... Glad to hear you're on your way and hitting goals!
  • NCVF
    Options
    I weighed 130-135 pounds in 2008 (18 years old). I've gained the first 30 pounds in 2009 (19 years old) and the other half in 2010 (20 years old) and I got up to 195 pounds. In summer of 2011 (21 years old) something clicked and I ran all that summer. I lost almost half of what I gained, since then I've been in the 170s all throughout 2012 (22 years old). I just had a birthday. I'm now 23, thinking I am so young, I really want to be healthy once again. Pictures from me at 130lbs and at 195lbs just remind me every single day that I am doing this for my health. I come to finally realize that I am my biggest motivation. :) Im working towards my goal remaining very positive :)

Sounds like me. :/ From age 21 to now (30). Youre beautiful! I hope you get to where you'll feel your best.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My health is my motivation. After being over 300 pounds for about 25 years, I thought I was slowly killing myself. I chose to live.
  • NCVF
    Options
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

LOL YES!!!!