SQUARE DANCING ANYONE?

Options
Hey all you square dancers out there, write and share what square dancing means to you!
myself it a great place to meet and share with people and a fun time exercising, you meet the nicest people in square dancing. If you haven't tried it, do and see what you are missing, and don't let having a pardner stop you cause there are plenty of singles to dance with they will also see you have a great time.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• beautifulbrat
    Options
    omg people still square dance? i havent done that since grade school!
  • ckkoski
    ckkoski Posts: 10
    Options
    I haven't square danced since elementary school but I line dance on a regular basis at a country bar near us and I love it! Great to burn calories while dancing the night away with friends!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Haha, I don't square dance. But I do two-step and line dance once in a while. Used to do it all the time (was how I did my workouts hehe).
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My parents sq. and round dance every week and because of that they are in great shape! Definately a fun workout!
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    we were forced to do this for PE in jr high.

no.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I love that you are doing an activity that you love and enjoy. That is the secret to long term success.... congratulations!!
  • KathrynCatlady
    KathrynCatlady Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I CONTRA DANCE (which has some similar elements to square dancing) on a regular basis and I love it! It's a great way to burn some calories, socialize, and clear your head! I always say it's cheaper than a gym, a dating service, and a psychotherapist.... it's a one-stop deal! :-D
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Square dancing, line dancing, river dancing, tap dancing and clogging are all great fun and great exercise! I wish I could do it--I always loved dancing when I was younger (until arthritis got to my joints). Now I do aquatic exercise---I have always loved the water and it is good for my arthritis. But I wish I could still dance. *sigh*