30 day shred question please

Options
I have been doing the 30day shred and I do feel the burn in my legs and arms and pain in my ankles but do not feel anything in my stomach area, Shouldn't I be feeling the burn there too? Do you?

Replies

• MarthaJ77
    MarthaJ77 Posts: 16
    Options
    I feel my abs when I am doing the video and then the next day I am feeling the overall muscle tightness. The pain in your ankles concerns me. Are you doing the exercises correctly?

That is a good video, but it is tough.

Good luck!
    Martha
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    The pain in the ankles is from the jump rope part and the jumping jacks, I am only 5'6 and 164lbs so I don't know why it feels like alot more coming down on them, It is mostly in my right one which has even started acting up when I walk on my treadmill too. IDK what is up with it
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    Make sure for the ab work you're pulling your bellybutton into your back. That REALLY helps feel the burn. Those bicycle crunches are brutal when you focus on sucking your bellybutton in. Be careful with your ankle. Too much exercise can aggrevate it.
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    The pain in the ankles is from the jump rope part and the jumping jacks, I am only 5'6 and 164lbs so I don't know why it feels like alot more coming down on them, It is mostly in my right one which has even started acting up when I walk on my treadmill too. IDK what is up with it

Make sure you ice your ankle and get it elevated for a bit after working out. This will help with the pain. You may want to consider getting a support for it. Better safe than sorry. I have knee supports that I wear whether they hurt or not. Sometimes they do sometimes they don't but I am not going to take the chance of them hurting too much or really injuring myself. As for the abs, sometimes I feel them the next day, but I have strong abs (somewhere under the fat) and they don't usually hurt the next day. Don't worry too much about it though. If you work out your abs too much, all you are doing is building the muscle under the fat and that will make you appear bigger. Wait until the fat comes off and then you will be able to do six-pack workouts to really tone up those muscles.