(clothing) job interview for a Personal Training position?

Options
3/4 trackies and a polo shirt or more dressy?

Replies

• BorderlineAngel
    Options
    bump
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Honey, I'm not trying to be mean.
    But didn't you just get out of the hospital? You need to maybe give it a bit of time.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Go for dressy. It makes a good first impression. When I went for a job interview at Walmart (after 12 years as at stay-at-home mom) I wore a dressy suit, heels, make-up etc--to the nines. I don't dress like that for work, but for the interview, you want them to feel that you take the job seriously. It looks more professional, which is especially important when someone is as young and pretty as you.
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    My suggestion: Dress in a manner that the interviewer/s can imagine you in the role. So wear what you would wear while working there. Oh and Good Luck!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I'd dress one step above the day-to-day job wear, so for personal training, yes maybe sharp, put together casual, i.e. skirt and casual blouse. You don't want to overdo it but you would rather go slightly that direction than slightly too casual.
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options
    Honey, I'm not trying to be mean.
    But didn't you just get out of the hospital? You need to maybe give it a bit of time.

Yes but living at home is half the problem so if I can find a good job then I can move out...?
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options
    Also no offense but you don't know why I was in hospital.
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options
    okay so mixed reviews :S...
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    To be honest It really doesnt make THAT much of a difference what you wear, just be neat and presentable. Maybe just casual jeans and a nice top? :) Good luck hun. Smash it xx
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    My suggestion: Dress in a manner that the interviewer/s can imagine you in the role. So wear what you would wear while working there. Oh and Good Luck!

Agreed. Dress in a manner that the interviewer can imagine you in the role.
  • suzukideb
    Options
    I'm a nurse...was a personal trainer. I believe always dress professional for an interview. Worked for me. Always got the job. Good luck.