Nine months to a new me!

Options
Hey there everyone! I'm not new to the site, though I am new to actually using it. ;) I've wanted to lose weight but haven't had the motivation. Well, the motivation has come down and smacked me in the face! My aunt invited me to go on a cruise with her in a little over nine months, and I want to be as close to swim suit ready as possible.

How are you all doing?

Replies

• Purplefishie
    Purplefishie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I also have a goal in around 9 months - a trip to India. I'll add you :)
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    What the heck...I will jump on this band wagon...9 months will be October and that is smack dab in the middle of marching band season. This year, I enjoyed MB competitions so much more than last, as I had lost about 55-60 lbs and started at this time last year, so here's to making another monumental loss by October 2013!

I am thinking 45 lbs would be acceptable :) and this would only mean a loss of 5lbs a month...I REALLY think this is a doable goal and my motto "something is better than nothing" seems to fit here as well. I know that 45 lbs may not seem like a lot, but big picture, 45 lbs less is me, is still 45 lbs less of me! I am learning to be a "big picture" kind of girl, so my goal is 45 lbs lost by October!

Let's do this thing, ladies!! :)
  • chasityhorne
    chasityhorne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new too, actually a rookie starting today. I am on a journey to a new me as well. I wish you all the best luck in the world and will give you total support. OFF ON A NEW ADVENTURE NO BETTER WAY TO GO THAN TOGETHER!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • smrithi25
    smrithi25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi i am new too.. Had a difficult pregnancy and a c secn.. Gained close to 20 kgs! Now have to lose it all.. I plan to get healthy before my sons 1st bday in Nov this year..that's 10 months from today.. 20 kgs to go.. 2 kgs per month.. Lets do it..
    I started a plan- yoga in the mornings, walking in the evenings. And ab workouts twice a day as suggested by my gynaecologist.. Hope it pays!
  • missmadejavu
    missmadejavu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I guess my goal is in about 9 months too, I turn 25 on September 16th! I don't know how much weight I want to lose yet by then but my general goal is to lose some weight and stop making terrible food choices, and to exercise on a regular basis, and to rid my self of some of my health issues that are caused by being so overweight. I'm new too, just started using this site a couple days ago and haven't fully dived into this journey, but I am ready to dive in head first.