250 pushups a week challange

Options
I'm in desperate need to increase my strength. I cannot do more than 5 pushups at a time to save my life. So I'm doing this challenge to build my strength up and I invite anyone to join me! You can post your push-up totals here or just keep them privately to yourself, though that would be less fun ;P
So who's in??

Replies

• sydneyaw
    sydneyaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just got ten down! 240 more!
  • xboomerx
    xboomerx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm down. I've gained a bunch of weight over the last 18 months (over 60 lbs) but the last time I was working on getting in shape I would do 100 each morning - 10 at a time or less until I got to 100. I'm going to see how many I can do and then update.

Sunday - 20
  • sydneyaw
    Options
    I'm planning on doing 50 a day. 5 sets of 10 at a time or through out the day
  • stevenleeryan
    stevenleeryan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you do as many as you can every hour your awake you can knock them out fast. Set a alarm to go off every hour :)
  • sydneyaw
    Options
    I'm at 100! woooo
  • xboomerx
    xboomerx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I totally failed this one. LOL. I should have realized when I hadn't lifted my butt off the couch in over a year that doing 30 push ups at one time would kill me. I was sore for 2 days and then I went to the chiropractor for my back injury and I was sore in some new places after that. I just wasn't ready.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I did ten today- but does it count if I'm doing beginners kneely ones?!! 250--not looking likely right now!
  • EricaRuns27
    EricaRuns27 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Count me in! So 250/week? I can do that! :)

I'm doing a daily burpee challenge also! ????
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I did 75 yesterday (01/31/13).

EDIT: How long does the challenge last? Indefinitely? Till the thread locks at 500 posts? X number of weeks?
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'll have to catch up tonight...
  • sydneyaw
    Options
    I'm at 164. 5 days in
  • bcattoes
    Options

EDIT: How long does the challenge last? Indefinitely? Till the thread locks at 500 posts? X number of weeks?

I totally forgot about this until yesterday. Only up to 137 so far. I'm going to have to catch up today.
  • bcattoes
    Options

I totally forgot about this until yesterday. Only up to 137 so far. I'm going to have to catch up today.

Done for this week. On to the next!
  • bcattoes
    Options
    Did a calisthenic circuit training this morning that included 3 sets of 10 pushups, so I've started this week off at 30. Tomorrow is arm day so I should get plenty more.
  • missbrittany23
    missbrittany23 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start tonight doing at least 20.