Somebody take a look at my meal plan tomorrow?

Options
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/funkyspunky871

Not for today, but for tomorrow. Ugh, I've never been this low on calories before and I feel like I've planned a lot of food! I don't want to go over on sodium or sugar, but I can't think of anything to fix this. What do you think?

Replies

• sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    How about adding a hard boiled egg to one of your meals or some cheese to your lunch or dinner?
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    :) Thanks.

Bump
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Add a TBS of peanut butter and a glass of milk or two. :)
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    If your worried about sugar.. Change your bread... WHite bread is full of sugars.. Use a high fiber whole grain light bread... also like everyone else said.. Add cheese to your burger.. NOT FAT FREE.. its higher in sugars... (they have to add fillers somewhere). Also add some fruit..:) Hope this helps :) OH also by changing your bread.. YOUR sodium will drop a lot.. Also Add in some more calcium... Like milk or yougart.. thats 80 cals right there. :):bigsmile:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    add cheese to your sandwiches. add a small garden salad to lunch with a little bit of dressing. add an egg to breakfast. Just a few ideas.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    whole grain bread, more vegetables and fruit, peanut butter, hard boiled eggs,

if you're concerned about sodium, use real meat instead of deli meat
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    there's plenty you can add that's sodium free! Fruit and veggies are a great example. Target & Costco both have amazing trail mixes that have 0 sodium, and hard boiled eggs (no salt sprinkling, now), are yummy too!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Woah, I just noticed the sodium in my bread! So, wheat is lower in sodium and sugar, huh? I'm not a big fan of wheat, but I'll switch over from white bread once I finish the loaf I just bought. I'll get used to it, I'm sure.

Should I not worry about sugars that come from fruit? Because I know 8 grams of my sugar for tomorrow are coming from apples and grapes.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Natural sugars in fruit are good for you.. The sugars you want to avoide are in proccessed foods.. and yes... processed lunch meat has a lot of sodium.... WHole grain bread is not bad once you get used to it... I can't eat white bread anymore it makes my stomach hurt..LOL.... BUT yeah if your worried about sugars... the reccomended daily allowence is 5-7 fruits and veggies... so swap that out for processed foods....:)
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    One thing I do when I'm close to my daily sodium but need some cals is a bowl of Quaker Quick Oats (not instant) it has 0 sodium, I think 1 g sugar if that. Sometimes I'll add in 1/4 c of crushed nuts and 1 tsp of brown sugar, but it's good with just some Splenda too. It is a little higher in carbs I think, but should work in your daily allowance.
  • skatjon
    skatjon Posts: 29
    Options
    Start eating clean... cut the processed foods and you won't have to worry about sodium or sugar. Whole wheat bread or english muffin with natural peanut butter is a good breakfast or oatmeal (not the package... old fashion) and egg whites for breakfast. You can add veggies to the egg whites, that makes thenm really good. You will start your day full and full of energy with the right amout of GOOD carbs and protein. Instead of mayo try hummus, it has protein. Cottage cheese is a good late snack that is low sodium, sugar, fat, and carbs with good protein!!!
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    sugar is sugar, tell a diabetic the sugar in an apple is ok but a chocolate bar isn;t, and they'll tell you differently. Count the sugar in your fruit. Your breakfast should be bigger and way healthier, as it stands it's not a good solid breakfast. Why not try something a little better for you with less fat and a little more protein and fibre in it. Like a bowl of oatmeal, not instant, or a kashi cereal, some berries, glass of milk and a couple of scrambled egg whites....get the day started off right. You don't have alot of greens in your diet, what about adding some broccoli, spinach, green beans..if you must have white bread..it really is terrible for you, why not at least opt for an open faced sandwhich, so you only have one slice. Throw tons of veggies on the sandwhich...extra health boost there, opt for a low sodium soup, cause your sodium count was really high, and I agree about ditching the deli meat, full of garbage, loaded with sodium, if there's a cooked chicken..not deli option, jump on it. I wold suggest to go along with your meatloaf have a big salad, you don't want a heavy meal late in the day, you should try to keep the dinner meal a little lighter, unless you exercise frequently at night...I'd go a light, with a small snack in the evening...just my two cents.
  • jurgitafit
    jurgitafit Posts: 112
    Options
    Start eating clean... cut the processed foods and you won't have to worry about sodium or sugar. Whole wheat bread or english muffin with natural peanut butter is a good breakfast or oatmeal (not the package... old fashion) and egg whites for breakfast. You can add veggies to the egg whites, that makes thenm really good. You will start your day full and full of energy with the right amout of GOOD carbs and protein. Instead of mayo try hummus, it has protein. Cottage cheese is a good late snack that is low sodium, sugar, fat, and carbs with good protein!!!

A good advice here. Although for a beginner, I'd say whole eggs would do. I know there's a lot controversy about eggs, but the latest research is actually showing the health benefits of the egg yolk. The whole egg is one of the most complete foods, with good protein and healthy fats. So, training for fitness competitions, I know egg whites is a no-brainer, but just weight loss, it's not needed. :-)

And veggies is a must, for sure! Whole wheat bread instead of white is a necessary improvement. Although go light on it too!
  • jurgitafit
    jurgitafit Posts: 112
    Options
    All your meals besides breakfast and snacks are balanced. Please add protein to any carbohydrate, so your breakfast DEFINITELY needs protein, as some suggested, maybe an egg, or the plain (or at least organic, if flavored) Greek yogurt, or cottage cheese. Same with snacks! If eating an apple, or other fruit, eat it with some peanut butter, or even better-- 10 natural almonds, or cottage cheese to balance the sugars/carbs out with protein. This is very important.

The reason I mentioned plain yogurt is that most yogurts have so much sugars, that they are not even worth eating. You can always add a tiny bit of honey to the plain yogurt. Greek yogurt is excellent because it has lots of protein, that's why it's more expensive. Simply, it's a better quality product. Your taste buds will adjust to anything that's healthier once you realize the benefits. :-)

Another suggestion- track your protein too!!!! If you want to track sat fat, then maybe you can omit the overall fat since anything besides saturated fat or trans fats is good for your body! I see you're running out of "room", but you do need to see the protein intake!

Just a few ideas. :-)