here we go again...

Options
I have joined this site before, and have deleted my account when I get fed up with myself. I am pushing 50, uncomfortable in my own skin, and seem to only be able to talk about doing anything about it, rather than taking action. I need to lose about 50 pounds. So, if anyone thinks they can relate to me, and wants a friend, feel free to add me. But I'm doing this -- with or without ya ;) !!

Replies

• amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Good for you crazydaisy!! Hope this time you will be successful..and we are all rooting for you! .. :drinker:
  • IndigoLightbody
    Options
    If I can do this, you can do this. My weight has been a roller coaster all my life, I too am 50 this year and we 50 year olds got it goin on!!! Keep the faith ~ you will win. Don't let your taste buds control your life ~ take back your power!
  • Witchy7
    Witchy7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree!!! :)
  • AnneMK5
    AnneMK5 Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat. I used this site daily for most of 2011. Life happened, I let things (myself) get out of control with my eating habits again and gained back every ounce of the almost 60 pounds I'd lost. I'll be 40 this year, have a health issue that is getting worse because of my poor eating habits, So I'm trying to get back on it. I know, I need to take "trying" out of it and "do it".
    Good luck to both of us!

Anne
  • bolesbe
    bolesbe Posts: 212
    Options
    you can do it!!!!!!!! I used this app a year ago to lose 48lbs and I did it in 90 days, but I fell off the wagon and gained about 25 back so I am doing it again and am down 10lbs this time. Last year on 1-1-12 I was 256 and on 4-1-12 I was 208. I got back up to 234 just before Christmas and am now down to 233 so this app really helps. Stick with it and you will succeed.
  • Hungryeyz
    Hungryeyz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am almost 60. Have lost 80 lbs so far, but currently at a standstill. Just got back in the gym last week. I haven't gained any weight back but haven't lost any either. Yes, life does happen. Just get up and start all over again. Best of luck to you "kids."
  • dollhousedolly
    dollhousedolly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You can do this :smile:
  • michaelbrown123
    Options
    Welcome to the My Fitness Pal
  • storm905
    Options
    Me too. I have just come back to the site after giving up before but I need to do some thing as my weight is affecting every aspect of my life and limiting all my experiences. Hopefully this is our year. Good luck