Multivitamin suggestions?

Options
Hey everyone!

I'm a 23 year old female and looking to get a good multivitamin to supplement my eating. I know we should be getting our vitamins from our food, but I want to be sure to cover all the bases!

Any suggestions? I used to take women's one a day...not sure if I want that again or something different?

Replies

• misskgb
    misskgb Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Two really good ones are Opti-women by Optimum Nutrition and Women's One Daily by MegaFoods. They blow One-A-Day outta the water.
  • kariannmbc
    Options
    I personally like the Vitafusion gummy vitamins. It doesn't have iron, so if you need a little extra iron it's not a great choice.
  • blue5707
    blue5707 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I take Vitafusion Gummy vitamins also. I never skip a day because they taste so good!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    If you're in the US, just make sure they're USP verified. Supplements aren't considered food so they're not subject to the same restrictions and laws for production.

USP verification makes sure that the supplement:
    - Contains the ingredients listed on the label, in the declared potency and amounts.
    - Does not contain harmful levels of specified contaminants
    - Will break down and release into the body within a specified amount of time.
    - Has been made according to FDA current Good Manufacturing Practices using sanitary and well-controlled procedures.

http://www.usp.org/usp-verification-services/usp-verified-dietary-supplements
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Super Nutrition is a great brand. You can find it in Whole Foods and Walgreens.

http://www.supernutritionusa.com/
  • msh0612
    msh0612 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Nature's way Alive! Woman's energy. I really like it.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I take Flinstone w/ Iron. My MD approves.
  • jonmico
    jonmico Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I suggest Life Force by Source Naturals. You can get it pretty cheap on Amazon.
  • aedurkee
    aedurkee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just go with a generic, I bought the jumbo BJ's Wholesale jug ... but that post about USDA certification seemed like a valid concern.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I just go with a generic, I bought the jumbo BJ's Wholesale jug ... but that post about USDA certification seemed like a valid concern.
    ^^this. I get mine at Costco and saved a ton of money. You can spend as much or as little as you like on vitamins.
  • JennaL890
    Options
    The nutritionist at the health food store I work at part time likes to recommend Country Life's Women's Core Daily. Alive Women's One a Day from Nature's Way is also great (saw that mentioned before). Raw Code for Women from Garden of Life is another good one. Usually her rule of thumb is one that is derived from whole foods as they're usually much easier for the body to break down and gain benefit from, and are not synthetic. Good luck finding one:)
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I really like the Vitamin World "GreenSource" one. It is a 3 a day (I only take one or 2). It has a lot of plant sourced hutrients and probiotics as well.
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    i take vitafusion women's gummy vitamins.