Pounds Lost vs. Pant Size?

Options
2»

Replies

• sonnybunny100
    sonnybunny100 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 35 pounds so far. I went from a tight 16 to a loose 14/tight 12 so far. 14's are pretty loose on me, and 12's fit. But I haven't lost a full size in shirts yet, I was a tight XL and now XL's are baggy and L's are tight. I feel I'm probably 5-7 pounds away from a comfortable L and 12, but I am a curvy body type so that might explain the difference ( not using curvy as a euphemism lol really am curvy).
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It has taken me nearly 20lbs to go from a 9/10 to a 7/8.
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 35 pounds so far. I went from a tight 16 to a loose 14/tight 12 so far. 14's are pretty loose on me, and 12's fit. But I haven't lost a full size in shirts yet, I was a tight XL and now XL's are baggy and L's are tight. I feel I'm probably 5-7 pounds away from a comfortable L and 12, but I am a curvy body type so that might explain the difference ( not using curvy as a euphemism lol really am curvy).

For guys it is likely different because fat guys don't wear their pants correctly for the most part. Dress pants would probably be the most accurate. Just use measurement, guys or girls. Track it monthly. It may not always change as your weight does but it is far better information. For me, and I don't know what my weight was, highest dress pant size measured was 54". Highest jeans was 46" but I wore those low and under my gut. Current jean size is 34" and they are loose/normal and I wear them around my actual waist.

So waist from 54" to 33" (actual measurements) Probably 120+ pounds.
  • TLTucker80
    TLTucker80 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've lost about the same amount of weight and I'm still in the same size that I started out in. The only thing that has changed that
    I have noticed so far is that my bra band is loser so I don't really know if I'm dropping just pounds or inches just yet. The only thing that I know for sure is that I'm not going to let it get me down this is a long journey ahead of me and I WILL get there just good luck and feel free to add me if you like
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    There is no magic formula :grumble: I have lost a lot and I still cant find a weight/ size correlation. At one time I lost 30 pounds and was down about a pant size, then I lost 20 pounds and was suddenly down 2 sizes and more recently I've lost 15 pounds and I'm still sitting in the same place. However, my top has gone straight down, I'm down over 2 bra sizes and I just lost another cup (not size, but cup the worst place if you ask me lol). Honestly at this time I care more about what size I am than my weight so I'm very frustrated by this.

Also I think height plays a big part in it. Im short about 5'2 and I know people who are taller than me and (a) weight more than me who are my size and (b) who way only a little less then me and are like 2/3 sizes smaller - again both these group of people are at least 5'5+ :huh:
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Ive gone from a US 12 to US 4-6 in 32 pounds but i was(still am) pear shaped so thats where i have the most to lose. Think it depends on a lot of factors and if u keep it up it will come off everywhere eventually!
  • elizarou
    elizarou Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    A lot depends on how much you weighed originally, how your body is shaped, and how the clothing is cut. I lose shirt sizes much faster than pants because I'm pear-shaped.

This is a very good point. I am 5'4" and I am very much pear shaped. Though I am a bit discouraged that my pants are not going down in size, my bras now need to be at the furthest in clasp rather than the last one. So I suppose that is at least an inch there. I realize with my body type I will never be a size 0-2 but I would love to be a size 5 for once!