Breastfeeding and Weight loss

Options
Just starting my weight loss journey. my baby is now 4 months old, and still breastfeeding. Anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• zusettepsak
    Options
    I am as well. My little girl is 4 and a half months. I have been focusing on cardio but I think I'm going to try doing some light weights as well. It's tough to lose the baby weight the second time around!
  • JubeJewels
    JubeJewels Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My baby is 7 months old & I am still breastfeeding. I've had 5 babies in 7 years - my body is a mess!
  • chelsea023
    Options
    its hard isn't it! trying to balance the weight loss with maintaining a good milk supply :smile: good luck ladies!
  • dgreenburg
    dgreenburg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My advice to you is to keep breasted feeding! When you breasted feed you are using up to 500 calories a.day! Get plenty of rest and keep hydrated. There is no.reason you cant workoit as hard as you want too. I breast fed both of my kiddos and put them in a double jog stroller and trained for a.1/2 marathon. I was thinner while breasted feeding than I am now so I say its the perfect time to shed the lbs. While you have a 500.calories per day advantage.

You certainly are a trooper to have 5 babies in 7 years. Its time to give back to yourself my friend. :) I'm sure your tired and barely have any energy to do anything for yourself. I would say that you should find a.good.workout Dvd program such as.zumba
    Or insanity and give yourself 1 hour per day to treat yourself right. I try to keep my kids away from the Tv until I need the time to myself and I put in a movie. I find that if I let them watch too much Tv they fight and bug me. I cant get a workout in. But if I only let them watch while I'm working out they ate glued to the Tv.

Good luck and.be good.to.yourself. you'll be a.better mom and better wife!