Hello :)

Options
I am new here and I must admit I have been lurking around the message boards for a day or two. It is exciting to read about everyones successes.. One thing I have noticed is that the majority of posters I have seen have anywhere from 5 to 30lbs to lose. I have SO much more then that. It is overwhelming at times to think about how much weight I have to lose but I think that myfitnesspal will help me. I like writing down what I have eaten. It sure makes you think about what you are putting in your mouth.

I am 34 years old and have been overweight since I was 13. I have been on and off diets the majority of my life. I lost quite a bit of weight last spring and have since gained a majority of it back. I have always told myself that if I would lose the weight I would never gain it back...this wasn't the case. Sad thing is-I don't even know why I stopped losing. I do know that whats done is done.. there is no use crying over it! So that is why I am here. I am here to get back on track. It will take me years to meet my goal weight but I have to start somewhere!

-I hope to continue to be inspired by all of you!

Becky

Replies

• msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I know what you mean about people losing small amounts since I have 95 lbs. to go on top of the 43.5 I have already lost. Hang in there and you will do great if you put your mind to what you see happening to your body :wink:
  • cr122081
    cr122081 Posts: 3
    Options
    I too have a lot to lose...about 90 lbs. I watch what I eat, and work out every other day, but all I seem to be able to do is put on the pounds. What can I do, any suggestions?
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Hey there. There's a few people on here who've lost more than a few pounds. :-)

Try not to think about your weight loss process as a diet. This is a change in lifestyle that you'll have to keep up in one form or another forever. As scary as that sounds I promise that every day you meet your goals will make the next day just a little easier.

You can do this. Just realize that this journey is like life, you will trip and fall every once in a while. As long as you rise each time you fall you'll reach you're goal.

And one more thing. Every single day is a new chance to succeed.

Good luck on your journey :-)
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Welcome and yep I started March 1 and have lost 23.7 pds and have about 123 more to go Yikes. Gonna be here awhile want to lose it by London Olympics 2012 Good Luck to us all
  • ana70
    ana70 Posts: 93
    Options
    I have about 75 to lose but realistically I'll settle for 50 right now and see how I feel. Every bit of weight that you lose- be 10% of your body weight enhances your health. So maybe try baby steps and learning to change the unhealthy habits. If it takes you 5 years to lose, so be it, it will be better than ever. Thats what I am doing, I have lost 40 pounds so far and have another 70 to get rid of permanently. I even thought to myself I could lose 15 pounds a year, as long as it is permanent weight loss, i'd be happy with that. And that is how I lost the 40 pounds. 15 a year.
  • PecanTan
    PecanTan Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi and welcome to one of the best sites on the internet. Like you I too have been overweight since the age of 15 and I also know how it feels to loss a large amount of weight but only to gain it back alone with more. I have loss a total of 66 lbs and have 76 lbs pounds more to go, but don't think about how much you have to loss just concentrate on the present and remember that the journey will not always be easy nor will it always be hard, just hang in there and know that the friends at MFP are here for you whenever and however you need us.:flowerforyou: