How to deal with cravings/ binging?

Options
I have a bad problem with this. Especially with cheese. Applewood smoked cheddar is the devil.

I've tried waiting 15 minutes and drinking water and even eating other foods but it doesn't work. What do you guys do?

Replies

• Twinsmama75
    Twinsmama75 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I make sure I keep some extra calories around so I can eat what I want (within reason of course). Nothing wrong with eating some cheese, just figure the calories & keep within those limits!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I always heard if u keep water with ya to drink it will fill u up so u won't be as hungry or snack much
  • therayeraye
    therayeraye Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Do you have any hobbies you could do till it passes?

I have been throwing on my headphones and dancing around, drawing a picture in a sketchbook or trying to spend a few minutes on a different creative project so I'm occupied.

I agree applewood smoked cheddar is so frakkin amazing it's hard to keep your hands off of it! Try and keep them busy is the best suggestion I have :D
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I wish my cravings were only just cheese...I LOVE cheese.
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I keep my biggest triggers out of the house. Or, I allow for calories, make sure I exercise to earn more and give myself a healthy amount and then before I even take a bite I put that item away. And, after I am done treating myself I immediately drink a glass of water and chew a piece of gum to prevent me from grabbing more.
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    i dont buy it in the first place. if it's not in the house, i don't eat it. ---- that's just how i deal with it.
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i buy just enough to go in whatever i plan to eat it with. I had a game when i started trying to lose weight, if something was obsessive trying to get me to eat it, i would get up and dance all out for 30 secs or do an exercise video. That would not only burn calories which now meant i could eat some if i wanted or make me thirsty and the water would fill me up. Try gum and if you can go to bed just go to bed. Nothing like rest.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    What works best is to get my hands and mind focused on a project.
  • dizzimamma
    Options
    I tale a short nap or go for a walk. I am a late night eater so I started eating dinner 2 hours later. That helped alot.
  • BecomingElle
    BecomingElle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I don't deprive myself!

I know I get hungry at night so I make sure to keep the calories spare for around then :)

Sometime's I know there's no point in eating something else, because I'll still want what I crave afterwards! So I just allow myself to eat one or two portions of what I'm craving. I log it and move on.

It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle :wink:

I can't imagine giving up my favourite foods for life - I'm real with myself - that's just not going to happen. I eat whatever I want. It's just about portion control and teaching yourself when to stop! :flowerforyou:
  • whenday
    whenday Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What are your calorie goals for a typical day?