Perfect day meals

Options
just started and can see im getting calories right on and pretty close on the sodium but fat not even close and still have bunches carbs left....does anyone have meal plans where not only you hit the target 1200 calories but also close to right amount of carbs, fat and protein ..Im coming in way under on fat and carbs, yet i had organic pizza with cheese pepperoni and even cream cheese at breakfast and some brown rice at lunch...yet still not required amount fat or carbs...seems to me ive had plenty carbs today..I know doesnt have to be exact but was hoping could get ideas for the day to come close....thanks

Replies

• Joluru
    Joluru Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    What percentage of carbs/fat/protein are you trying to reach?
  • fitcatfit
    Options
    I always have too much protein? Like a cup of Chicken and an ensure busts it. :( desperately trying to loose weight.
  • Joluru
    Options
    I highly recommend reading and following the calorie evaluation explained in this post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Because of this, I'm eating 1800 calories a day, 40% carb/30% protein/30% fat, instead of the wholy unrealistic 1200 calories MFP suggested. I've lost 14 lb. since the 1st of January.
  • Jacquiesteer
    Options
    I don't worry about the protein going over my limit but fat and carbs are the ones to watch out for.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Generally (within fairly broad limits) it's okay to go under on carbs and over on protein if you prefer.
    Also bear in mind that some foods in the database don't have macronutrient info -- just calories -- so if you are including those in your diary, the results for carbs, fat and protein won't be accurate.
  • snerd2123
    Options
    I was just looking at the report and the recommended amounts....I would like to be at about 99 carb, 77 protein and 33 fat, which is similiar to the zone diet that I did well with and still stay within 1200 calories but the report here shows much less protein than that (about half) and alot more carbs--on the report that comes up on the site when you enter your meals in the diary?so far shows I am meeting sodium ok and calories ok but am really short carbs and fat, not sure that matters that much?
  • snerd2123
    Options
    my diary shows goal is 165 carb 40 fat and 45 protein, this seems like too many carbs, too much fat and not enough protein...so not sure where those numbers come from or if it helps with weight loss to be close to those numbers
  • Joluru
    Options
    You can manually adjust your macro percentages. Go to My Home > Goals > Change Goals > Custom.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Perfect is difficult, I was 1 piece of cheese away from my Vit A RDA.
  • jmbarne
    Options
    Our local dietician came and did a presentation for those of us that are in a local weight loss competition. She said if your trying to lose, cut the carbs. I had explained to her the information I had found on another website that said you should have 50% carbs, 30% protein, and 20% healthy fats. I asked her about switching that to 50% protein, 30% carb, & 20% healthy fats and she said that would be fine. So I figured out the grams per percentage based on my 1200 calories and went from there. Over the 3 weeks I'm down 9.4 lbs. I use MFP to track where I'm at, but I don't use the numbers that they allow me for my guide. I'm always way over on protein, but I LOVE HOW IT TRACKS IT ALL for me. Just be sure that you are accurately measuring EVERY little thing you eat if you really want to lose. It's really annoying at first, but as you do it you become more aware of what you are consuming. Make sure your carbs are also coming from good natural sources rather than refined. The dietician also told us that the least amount of hands that touch it before you consume it, the better off you'll be. Meaning a piece of fresh fruit is going to be better for you than a can of fruit with the extra preservatives etc........ I'm sure my information is worth exactly what you paid for it (nothing), but she sure helped me. Good Luck!!
  • made2wonder
    made2wonder Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You can manually adjust your macro percentages. Go to My Home > Goals > Change Goals > Custom.

I had the same problem with going over on the protein until someone told me about how to adjust the ratios as described above. Now I have the proportions set to 40-30-30 to better meet my needs.