Nursing Student looking for friends

Options
Hey everyone! I'm Sam--I'm 25 years old and going through a divorce after spending the last 5 years as an Air Force wife. I just started nursing school and am now trying to focus on myself. I have a lot of weight to lose and could really use some motivation and support.
My current stats are--- 5'1 and 221 lbs. Can't wait to meet some awesome people :)

Replies

• Ready2Serve
    Ready2Serve Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Sam, you will find lots of support here. Feel free to add me if you want. By the way I am Mike
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    Options
    welcome im doing cna training right now and nursing school in the fall feel free to add me :D
  • SammieLou8706
    Options
    Awesome! I'll be doing the CNA program next month so I can working doing that while I'm in school :)
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Fellow nursing student here, feel free to add me!
  • suzukideb
    Options
    Just graduated nursing school! Age 42. Good luck to you. Feel free to message for any support. Though I am 42 I still feel 25...just smarter.
  • coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Not a nursing student, but could be a good friend:) Feel free to add me.
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on getting into the program. I'm finishing up pre-reqs and hope to apply in the next year or so! I'll add ya! :)
  • unskinnybop1
    unskinnybop1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me to. im studying teaching
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Nursing student..finished all my pre-reqs, didn't get into the accelerated course I wanted, so waiting until August for the community college ADN program to start...then I'll have to get the BSN after the RN.

add me..if you like..I"m supportive, sarcastic...and got all 4.0s in my science classes...I'm a nerd in other words.. A&P was my favorite.
  • skdeavers
    Options
    hi Sam, good for you! I've been an RN for 24 yrs. Taught in a BSN program at Auburn university, in critical care. Nursing school is tough but worth the effort!
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I survived nursing school (assoc RN). Managed to keep a 4.0, but I think I traded a little bit of my sanity in exchange. Feel free to friend me. I'm always good if you need to vent/cry/scream...
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse! :happy: Also lost lots of weight! :happy: Lol
  • graceangelina
    Options
    Hello, I'm Grace =) New RN graduate who just moved back home to California. I'm 26yrs, 5'2, wanting to lose 30lbs. I just started MyFitnessPal and I absolutely love it! Support, encouragement, sharing info, and progress are great motivators! I'm on my 11th day so far but haven't missed a day of diet and exercise I'm trying to be more involved in the myfitnesspal community b/c seeing ppl's progresses helps motivate me! I love sharing and receiving fitness and diet tips as well.

Open to new MyFitnessPal friends! Let's support one another! =)

Be Happy. Be Healthy. Be Kind. 2013!
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Nursing student..finished all my pre-reqs, didn't get into the accelerated course I wanted, so waiting until August for the community college ADN program to start...then I'll have to get the BSN after the RN.

add me..if you like..I"m supportive, sarcastic...and got all 4.0s in my science classes...I'm a nerd in other words.. A&P was my favorite.

Me too!!! The 4.o, and I LOVED A&P! :D Nursing nerds unite! lol
  • michelleC14u
    Options
    I am just brand new to this web site and new healthy lifestyle plan. I am an RN and have been in this career for 13 yrs. It's an amazing future ahead of you. Glad we both have this nutrition goal and are ready to move forward in life : )
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I am about to go into nursing school to be an RN and my name is also Sam (Samantha) :) ! I am 26. Feel free to add me!
  • 28DebRena
    Options
    Hello to everyone! I am on my 4th semester in college right now and am aiming at being able to apply for the Nursing Program this fall. I have already done my CNA 1 class, and now am on my last pre-requisite for the program. I also have to complete the TEAS test (Test of Essential Academic Skills) and at least score a 58% on it. Wish me well and cross any body part that you can cross for me so that I can ace the test in April. :)
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Not a nursing student but was a nurse for about 30 years before I got MS and had to quit. Nursing is the most awesome profession! I'll send a friend request
  • smaka578
    smaka578 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am Jess, and I am an RN in the ER. Working 10 years of nights shifts has screwed up my metabolism, and the stress of nursing is a whole other ball game for me. Lets just say, as nurses,we take care of everyone else and often forget about ourselves. I am just starting out and hopeful! Good luck in school!
  • smarston2010
    Options
    I'm Sean, I do EMS also. Feel free to add me.