New here from Michigan.

Options
Hi:happy:
Posting from Westland mi. I am a 40, married mom of 3 great kids:)
I found this site because of a group I joined called Buddy up. The group started with Buddy Shue who
was on season 13 of The biggest loser. He didn't win the show. But he started a program to help people lose weight.
I just started the program Saturday. So we shall see how well the program works..:heart:

Replies

• eggsmilkbread
    eggsmilkbread Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, I'm planning on going to Michigan for the summer and your post reminded me of it! :p Good luck with your program!
  • Terriann7
    Options
    Hi Evette!

Welcome. This is a great site. The best way to benefit from it is to log on every day. (You get recognition for not missing a day), make some new friends and offer support and encouragement and by doing so you will get motivated yourself and certainly get support and encouragement from others. Basically you get what you give. Totally track your food. It is so enlightening to see what you are consuming each day.

I am not familiar with the program but I am curious and will check it out. Sounds fun. I am working with a nutritionist and she has me eating 3 meals and 3 good snacks every day. Since I started that I have been losing and I am excited about it.

Friend me if you want. Best of luck to you!!

Terriann
  • Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options
    Hi there! I'm from Westland, Michigan as well. My husband and I bought a house and moved there just last August, but I really love the area so far. I'm 25, no kids- just two dogs! Let me know how that Buddy Program works :)
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! The program sounds interesting and I wish you much success. Good luck on your journey. Friend me if you would like me to support you on your goals!
  • EvetteM41
    EvetteM41 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I think the registration is close for the Buddy Up program. I'll check. Just started it last Saturday. It's at the Friendship center on Newburgh rd Saturdays morning. The first part is the weigh in. The 2nd part is the nutrional part of it. We haven't got to that too much yet. The last part of it is exercise. The program is for 12 weeks.Somehow at the end of it they seem to think we'll be able to run a 5k. Umm walk maybe. LOL And like on the biggest loser whoever loses the biggest percentage of weight loss wins something I think. The goal this week was just to exercise 3 times this week. :) So after i drop my daughter off at school I will try to do exercise. :)
  • EvetteM41
    Options
    Thanks! And congrats on your 10 pounds lost. :)
  • Suzi_Pants
    Suzi_Pants Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yay, fellow Michigander :) I'm from da yoop! Welcome!
  • EvetteM41
    Options
    Hi Teriann Thanks:)
    And good job on the 22 pounds lost!
    Evette
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    hi close to lansing
  • froglady30
    Options
    I am originally from Michigan and miss it SO MUCH! This is a great site, and I wish you well in your journey!
  • StellaHarmon
    StellaHarmon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am a 40 year old mom with 3 kids from Michigan as well. Also new to mfp! I would love to be friends. Good luck on your journey!:happy:
  • moonmistmm
    moonmistmm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yay for Michiganer MFPers! I'm from not too far away from Westland, but I go to school out by Grand Rapids.
  • EvetteM41
    Options
    HI & thanks! What part of Michigan are you from?
  • chelsers907
    Options
    This is my first day on here as well! Welcome! What area are you from in Michigan??
  • kvachon
    kvachon Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am originally from Michigan and miss it SO MUCH! This is a great site, and I wish you well in your journey!
    Me too
  • Growtinymusclesgrow
    Growtinymusclesgrow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    From Michigan originally...now living in Hawaii! So not missing the weather! BTW...GO BLUE BABY!!! #1 in the nation in Mens B-Ball (and Men's Swimming and Diving)!!!
  • eegiomer
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Seattle and a mom to 4 :) I am wanting to lose about 15 more lbs and have been doing good since the start of December. I will take any motivation I can get!
  • LisaAvasNana
    LisaAvasNana Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome I've been here for 25 days tomorrow. I live in Monroe. I LOVE Michigan love to watch the seasons change. But keep the snow and ice on the trees and bushes and out from under my feet. LOL.

Feel free to add me.
    We're on this journey together.
    Lisa:flowerforyou: ...
  • EvetteM41
    Options
    I am from Westland:)
  • janetzorsky
    Options
    I find this site very motivating. Logging your food really tends to keep you more honest. And if you reach a plateau, you can look back at what you have been eating to tweek it a bit to get started losing again. Good luck with your journey. I am sure it is difficult with 3 children.