30DS level 1 day 2

Options
Anyone out there just beginning 30DS?? I'm on level 1 day 2 and am so sore! I normally don't make it through the first 10 days without either giving up or quitting cuz I'm bored. I want to lose 50 pounds to be at my goal weight which is where I was in high school. I'd love to have motivation to continue doing this for 30 days and seeing what results I can get with this program!

Replies

• Tinker_and_Bash
    Tinker_and_Bash Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 day 2 today! Day 3 tomorrow. It's rough! 247.6 today :/ Looking forward to seeing my results next month! What's killing you most?? For me it's my quads, omg I am DYING
  • Alecia329
    Alecia329 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started l1d1 today and after 15 minutes I had to stop! I have asthma so my chest started tightening and decieded I wouldn't force myself into a asthma attack! lol
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I started l1d1 today and after 15 minutes I had to stop! I have asthma so my chest started tightening and decieded I wouldn't force myself into a asthma attack! lol

your lungs were grateful for the exposure to oxygen....dont stop now
  • lee0308
    Options
    I started yesterday and had to stop after 15 mins because i felt like throwing up but did day 2 today and was able to finish it and only had to stop 2-3 times to have a drink of water before continuing. will continue to do it but maybe every 2nd day only and going to the gym the other days.
  • CanadaKarin
    CanadaKarin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    HI Ladies, What I found good was to do only 7 days of each level ( I am now on day 7 of level 2) and then after 21 days, so 7 at each level I will then do 3 final days of each level...so that switches things up a bit to ease the boredom. Also, once I get to know the moves I play my own music on my stereo and that motivates me:)
  • SchizJophrenic
    SchizJophrenic Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 5 completed today.
    Squats and lunges are getting deeper for me. YAY! (I have really bad flexibility, so it is awesome to see it is getting better). Still doing easy "female" push ups, but able to push more out.

I sometimes do feel like I get a little bored, but have been pushing myself a lot more the last two days and it shows - THERE IS SWEAT DRIPPING FROM EVERY PART OF MY BODY!!
    Going to play my own music from now on. Although I do like to hear her say to push on sometimes.

Anyone feel free to add me for support :D

Starting measurements were:

Weight: 92.4 kg
    Height: 172cm

Chest: 101cm
    Waist: 92cm
    Abdomen: 97cm
    Buttocks: 107.5cm
    Distal Thigh: 57cm
    Calf : 40cm
    Bicep: 34cm
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 3 of the 30DS (working out this evening). The first day killed me. But the second day wasn't nearly as bad - I felt my squats were deeper despite the sore muscles. Actually felt great on day 2 post-workout. Will quickly need to post my measurements and compare them at the 30 day mark.

Now kicking myself for signing up for a 3 year gym membership - gawd I hate that place now. I would be on the treadmill or elliptical and a few of the fit women would smirk at me (funny - never had any problems from the men). 30DS is great in that I don't have to leave the house to get a good workout.
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I start day 2 of level 1 tonight. For some reason I'm not nearly as sore as I thought I would be....I feel like I didn't so it right or something.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Anyone out there just beginning 30DS?? I'm on level 1 day 2 and am so sore! I normally don't make it through the first 10 days without either giving up or quitting cuz I'm bored. I want to lose 50 pounds to be at my goal weight which is where I was in high school. I'd love to have motivation to continue doing this for 30 days and seeing what results I can get with this program!

I hear ya. I'm on level 1 day 4 and the back of my legs below the knees (hell if I know the name of that body part) are majorly sore. I'm gonna push through though. I plan on taking 1 rest day a week, which should hopefully allow my body enough rest to recover but not enough to allow my mind to de-motivate me from continuing.
  • torque23
    torque23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I finished L1D2 a few hours ago and was surprised with the workout. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, and I'm using 10 pound weights instead of 5. Granted it is definitely a struggle for me to complete the weight work outs, but I didn't feel 5 was enough. I've been running and using my elliptical for two months and haven't lost any weight in several weeks, so I'm hoping this workout changes things. I'm going to keep running for cardio, as I don't feel the Shred gives me enough, any thoughts on this?

My measurements are:
    Weight:160
    Neck:12
    Waist: 32
    Hips: 39

Looking forward to doing it again tomorrow, I'm ready to get off this plateau already!
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just completed level 1 day 5. I need to take a rest day tomorrow because my muscles are sore! It has gotten easier though. I have notice when I eat better and drink tons of water it is so much EASIER! We can do it!
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    It's a workout... whatever level you're taking it too. The really bad beginner "I'm out of shape" burn eases up by about Day 4.
    Definitely worth it, I've lost 3 inches after 5 days and I haven't measured since then. I'm on L2D3. :happy:
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I just finished level 1 day 1 today. I have to admit, I wasn't sure I could finish. I haven't done anything but walking since I started fertility treatments 2 years ago. I was on a lot of bed rest while pregnant and wow I am so out of shape. I know from experience it will get easier as I get further on. That is until I hit level 2.

I took my measurements, but I forgot some like my legs and neck. I will try to do those tomorrow. I did take before pics as well.

One thing that really was hard for me and made me wonder if I should continue was my neck hurt so much after. My neck pretty much always hurts as I have some issues with it, but after the crunches it was really sore. I tried to do as Jillian says, but my neck still feels strained. Any tips?
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Finished day 2. My legs were killing me!