35 calorie peanut butter cookies

Options

Replies

• LuckyDucky27
    Options
    I've read on different websites that you can use ground flaxseed in place of the egg. 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons of water = one egg. Not sure if it would change the texture of the cookies though.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Preheat oven to 365

1 Cup Peanut Butter
    1 egg
    1 Cup Sugar
    1 tsp. baking soda
    small handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mix all together, drop by Tablespoon on cookie sheet lined with Parchment paper. Bake until centers look a little "underbaked". Remove from over and leave on the cookie sheet until cookies cool (they will finish baking but not get hard).

These are incredible and only have 35 calories per cookie!

Hi thanks for sharing, how many do you make to get them to 35 cals per cookie?
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Preheat oven to 365

1 Cup Peanut Butter
    1 egg
    1 Cup Sugar
    1 tsp. baking soda

Mix all together, drop by Tablespoon on cookie sheet lined with Parchment paper. Bake until centers look a little "underbaked". Remove from over and leave on the cookie sheet until cookies cool (they will finish baking but not get hard).

• fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    mashed banana works perfect, a five inch banana, mash it really well, perfect egg replacement
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I'm hijacking this recept

1 egg
    1/2 c quick oats
    2 tbsp natural peanut butter
    1 tbsp mini choc chips
    2 packets stevia in the raw

bake 350 8-10 mins makes about 11 tsp size cookies.

44 cal
    4 carbs
    3 fat
    2 protein
    1 fiber

They smell insane while cooking and don't taste bad either! enjoy!

I'm Sold....trying these for sure...
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Preheat oven to 365

1 Cup Peanut Butter
    1 egg
    1 Cup Sugar
    1 tsp. baking soda

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I must admit I thought the same. Too much fat and sugar really - be better just eating a teaspoon of peanut better maybe? :smile: :heart: peanut butter
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I really hope none of you actually made and ate these.

1 Cup Peanut Butter = 1600 Calories
    1 Cup Sugar = 720 Calories
    1 Egg = 70 Calories
    Small Handful of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips = 210ish

You'd have to get 70-75 cookies out of this recipe for them to be 35 Calories each.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options

1 Egg = 70 Calories

You'd have to get 70-75 cookies out of this recipe for them to be 35 Calories each.

Gotta love math. Such a party pooper.
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump!! :flowerforyou:
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options

1 Egg = 70 Calories

Gotta love math. Such a party pooper.

:noway: LOL-That's where the saying comes from...."Too good to be true"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I seriously cross reference all recipes I find, even one's I've come up with, just in case!
  • amyrosehannon
    Options
    No, they're actually around 40. Depends on the kind of peanut butter you use. Definitely not 100 though :)
  • animemoon5
    animemoon5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    lol I wish I read the comments first.... I've seen this recipe before just the 1 cup peanut butter, sugar, and 1 egg.... without the chips or baking soda and was meaning to try it, when I read 35 calories I'm like "Oh my gosh!!! I'm making them right now!" ~.~ I made the cookies a little bit too big, it made 6 cookies (Probably should have made 12) and yeah.....around 380 cals ..... for a dozen it would have made them 190 or so..... =\ lol good thing I got in a bunch of extra exercise today! =p
  • tacosandbeerthatswhyimhere
    Options
    :heart:
  • kellyr730
    kellyr730 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter cookies! Anybody tried making them with PB2 powder yet? I might try and see what I can come up with just for fun but I'm no baker lol
  • KimLovesDon
    KimLovesDon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. :love:
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ifyouknew
    ifyouknew Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    We tried one recipe with PB2 and they weren't very good- I think they do need some fat to have a nice texture and taste good. Have been meaning to try again with PB2 and a bit of added butter. Just bought some chocolate PB2 to try, so that might be even better!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I dont understand how those ingredients come out to 35 calories. I was expecting to find a pb substitute in the recipe for that low amount of calories. The peanut butter alone has more than 35 and then adding sugar etc. I dont get it
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    bump for the oatmeal hijack version.