Calories consumed accurate??

Options
Im new here to mfp and was using noom beforehand..

On noom my calories allowance was 1200 and seemed i could hardly eat anything

Here on mfp its 1370 and im coming up under 1100 everyday but eating way more than noom....

Thoughts please?! Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You'd be wise to double check anything in the food database that you enter into your diary. The more diligent you are with weighting, measuring, and tracking your food, the more accurate you will be.
  • Cherilyn007
    Cherilyn007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ive been scanning every item i can and if i cant find a perfect match i will always put the item with highest calories listed. Im wondering if noom really was just that bad as i was getting so exhausted after work etc with the little amount of fuel my body had for the day
  • JanisAtki
    JanisAtki Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Weigh as much as you can. The fresh fruit/veg/meat counts should be pretty good. I have found quite a few of the pre packaged items to vary, sometimes a lot. Always double check what you scan with the info on the package. There can be differences between products of the the same name from different countries so keep that in mind too as you won't necessarily know where it has been entered from. I have a converter app on my phone because I count calories and most things here in Aus show kilojoules so I check the math too. I found that 1300'ish was easy to do and I definately felt like I had the energy to get through stressful days and exercise most afternoons (eating back my exercise calories). I hope you see the results and that they give you confidence in what you are doing. Good Luck :)