Lunch, what to have?

Options
Usually I have salad chicken sandwiches on multi grain bread, but I am trying to cut all bread out of my diet.

Also I don't have a microwave at work, but I do have a fridge.

Replies

• deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    How about putting the chicken salad on a bed of lettuce or make yourself a fresh fruit salad and add some string cheese to go along with it.
  • Mara_
    Mara_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Peanutbutter, I'm a addicted. I always eat peanutbutter on my bread, delicious! Or sprinkles.
  • runningwoodpecker
    Options
    I have a chicken salad, or some homemade soup depending on the weather :)
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    wholegrain pita bread + carrot + cucumber + peppers dipping in humus or light sour cream and chive dip

wraps

I although have crackers and light cream cheese in my locker and fridge with fresh cut tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers

salads - lettuce + veg + chicken or fish .... sometimes new potatoes salad .... brown rice salad

try also fit bread ( http://www.mestemacher-gmbh.com/product-line/diet-and-fitness-breads/fitness-bread )
  • WilhelmCF
    WilhelmCF Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Baked potato or fiber rye flatbread with a smear of peanut butter and a protein drink if I'm doing lifting at the gym that day.
  • randymarshx
    Options
    I Like this answer, but isnt pita bread just as bad as bread..?
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I don't eat bread, so I have salad as salad, rather than salad in a sandwich. I make "wraps" with big lettuce leaves.
  • randymarshx
    Options
    I don't eat bread, so I have salad as salad, rather than salad in a sandwich. I make "wraps" with big lettuce leaves.

Isn't that really messy though?
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    lately im hooked on tuna salads. lots of cucumbers and tomatoes. hard boiled egg on the side! tasty!
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    yes it is - its high in carbs ..
    maybe even worse then normal bread but i found out that i stay fuller for longer and it usually works well
    I do usually have whole wheat and buy only small ones

I Like this answer, but isnt pita bread just as bad as bread..?
  • NatWillBeSkinny
    NatWillBeSkinny Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    im having chicken breast pasta and lots of sweetcorn
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Chobani yogurt with a scoop of protein powder, half a LC protein bar, strawberries and almonds.

Sah yummeh.
  • randymarshx
    Options
    im having chicken breast pasta and lots of sweetcorn

Oh nice, got any recipes on this, also is this able to be frozen and then eaten with out a microwave?
    So I can prep a few meals..