Should I count olive oil calories?

Options
Hello

I like to fry and roast things using olive oil and when I use a tablespoon of olive oil it will come to about 120 calories. But is that number accurate even after using the oil for frying or roasting?

Thanks

Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Yes! Unless you lick your plates and the pans clean you always lose a few of your calories when cooking, still count everything then you're not underestimating :flowerforyou:
  • taekwonkenpo
    taekwonkenpo Posts: 1,004
    Options
    it can't be 100% correct but i would still log it.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Yes, its a calorie.
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    There isn't a tablespoon of oil left after cooking is there? No, it gets absorbed into the food more often than not, which is why you count it.

Use a oil sprayer if you think it's too much by the tablespoon. A spritz is much less.
  • suzycav77
    suzycav77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i cook with flora cuisine and i all way's add that, it's one of the healthier oils give it a whirl!!
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I log it, because the majority of it will be on the food!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Of course you should count the calories in any sort of oil you use, whether it's used to cook with or as dressing, whatever. I just estimate and my estimation is usually over what actually goes into my stomach, but that's ok with me.
  • seedot11
    seedot11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I believe it's important to log these calories as it will encourage you to try and use less oil. I never used to measure oil, but now I do and I've come up with ways of decreasing how much oil I use in my food.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    It's made of olives, not magic - so log it!