6 stone down =)

Weighing myself just after Christmas 2011 was a massive deal for me. I hadn't weighed myself for years and knew it would say I was overweight. So I got on and in my head said 14 maybe 15 at a push and THEN my real weight appeared on my tv! I was 16st 10lbs! A part of me died when I saw that! I was numb and ashamed! After it had sunk in I cried and cried and cried until there was no more tears to cry. Then it dawned on me! Why wasted my energy being sad and disgusted and why not do something about it,

That Christmas my husband had bought me a Wii Fit Board. My intentions were good but deep down I knew it would be a waste of money like my exercise bike was. I wanted to lose weight but struggled to find my willpower. I'd start a diet and hours in is cave and comfort eat. It was the only thing that made me happy at the time! Was a vicious circle! Id be down about my weight so eat to feel happy then id be on a downer again.

The following day which was 28th December I decided enough is enough 'I will start a diet'! So from that day on I planned ahead to my first diet day which was new years day. The 1st came and I struggled but managed to keep going. The following day I knew I survived a day so thought 'lets try for a second day' then I braved going on my Wii Board and actually loved it! I had only done 10mins on the step and was sweating buckets... It told me I had burned around 80cals and I was so chuffed. It didn't really feel like I was exercising because I was watching Eastenders. So after that day I decided to exercise every day once my kids were in bed. It became a routine, Eat healthy and exercise. Within 12 days I had lost 9 lbs and felt amazing that I had stuck to it. By 3 weeks I had lost a stone and by a month I had lost nearly 2 stone. I've kept it up since jan 2012 and now am currently 10st 10lbs! Ive went from a dress size 20 to a 10! Ive lost 6 stone in total and its honestly been one of the best things ive ever done =)

To all you out there thinking I can't do it, you can do it =) Just find your willpower and anything is possible <3

Replies

• craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    WOW....that's an astounding loss in such a short space of time!!! Very well done indeed.
  • Thank you :happy: xxx
  • pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Great job! I started pretty much one day before you, on December 27th 2011. I've lost about 90 and have a LOT more to go but I know I'll get there! Congrats on your success!
  • Wow thats great =) Congratulations on your weight loss also! Your pic is amazing, what a difference =) xxx
  • FrankenBeanz
    FrankenBeanz Posts: 176 Member
    That is incredible! Well done!!!
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    WOW, amazing, I am down 3 stone, cant wait to get to the 5th!

Well done!
  • You look like a totally different person, thats amazing. Your cycle sounds exactly the same as mine, stuff my face, feel bad, stuff my face again. Fantastic achievement!
  • chepurner
    chepurner Posts: 21 Member
    Thats incredible!congratulations!:smile:
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    That's fantastic, you're an inspiration. Well done :drinker:
  • sparkylizzy
    sparkylizzy Posts: 11 Member
    wow that is amazing!! well done!! you look so different in the b4 and after!! how did you do it?!
  • Well done - you look awesome :)

I know you said you done the wii fit, but was that your only exercise?
    Any tips? x
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    That's fantastic! That's a huge amount to lose! I'm in a similar boat, weighed my heaviest last year at 15 stone 6 pounds and have a similar goal of around 10 stone. Would love to see before and pics if poss?
  • sueb12345678
    sueb12345678 Posts: 41 Member
    That is fantastic and you look lovely you are the same weight as me and i would love to lose that last 10lb and get down to 10 stone so this year will be the one....just keep plugging at it...:wink:
  • leketchup
    leketchup Posts: 27 Member
    You look absolutely stunning and happy. Big achievement congratulation!!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Did you follow a certain diet? Did you count calories?
  • Not sure how to put pics up as am new to this lol... On my profile I put a pic up...
    At the start and I know this is going to sound crazy but I only had 500 cals a day. Really wanted to lose badly so done that for a month or so and then upped my calorie intake after a while... Then a friend introduced me to secret diet drops. Was struggling to lose the rest of my weight so went on them, Its a lot like the atkins but need to measure out your meat. Its hard going but if you really want to lose weight it helps. Some people are their views about it and say its a load of rubbish, but if you follow the diet 100% you do keep the weight off. Thanks everyone =) If someone can tell me how to put pics up I will xxx
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Ok found this thread about it. Doesn't sound very safe..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/629027-secret-diet-drops-hcg
  • Wow a very inspirational story and it goes to show that you need to take it one day at a time. And, by the way, you look amazing in the 'after shots'. x
  • Thank you =)
    Yeah people have their own opinion about the drops. Think everyone is different tho and as for me ive had no problems with them personally. Ive had a few friends how couldn't see it through but others that have lost weight. Not telling people to take them but they worked for me =) The way I started which was healthy eating and exercise was great but I needed a push with my last 1 1/2... My body was fed up on losing weight lol xxx
  • I just used my wii board for exercise, done nothing else as I hated exercise and didnt have the confidence to join a gym. xxx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!