How to celebrate success?!

Options
midnite81
midnite81 Posts: 162 Member
Hi guys,

I'm coming up to my first major milestone (7 and a half stone (105lbs/47.63kg). Just four more pounds and I really want to celebrate this achievement. Any ideas? I'm not scared of having food as part of my celebration.

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• lornaloo3
    lornaloo3 Posts: 102
    Options
    Clothes! Not just cheap temporary clothes. Get a pair of jeans you feel like you rock in.

Events, especially ones with an emphasis on your new lifestyle. I don't know what they do in the UK, but there are a lot of fun 5ks here. Color Run, Zombie Run, etc. It doesn't have to be a health emphasis though. Theaters, concerts, sporting events where you cheer like an idiot and allow yourself a celebratory beer.

Upgrade your gym membership? I went to a sort of bare bones gym. Upgraded to one with a pool and different classes to celebrate 50 pounds lost.

There's lots of stuff you can do that won't be a slice of cheesecake.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    New workout clothes that fit your new physique properly :) it's a nice splurge for yourself but its also something practical as well.

congrats on the weight loss and milestone goal!!
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I agree with the clothing part. ESPECIALLY nice, new workout clothes that fit and look sharp!! Congrats on such an awesome loss!!!!!!
  • LuckyStarrGal
    LuckyStarrGal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Treat yourself to a day at a spa! It's all about you hun, you worked so hard to get where you are! Now sit back relax and let someone work on you!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what you shouldn't do. You shouldn't choke out a stripper.

You're welcome in advance.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Eat a whole cake!! (lol NO)

Clothes definitely sounds awesome...

Either that or try something new you haven't ever done before. Sky diving or Parachuting if you're really brave... or even rock climbing or something else really physical you wouldn't have been able to do before. Both a celebration AND a testimony of how far you have come! :)
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    New clothes is a great idea! My plan when I reach my goal, besides new clothes is another tattoo. You should definitely do something special. You've worked hard and you deserve it!
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I like to buy a new workout gadget or clothes to keep me focused on my workouts.
  • katejaramillo
    katejaramillo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what you shouldn't do. You shouldn't choke out a stripper.

You're welcome in advance.

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    To answer you, workout clothes are my favorite way to celebrate lol
  • aschr690
    aschr690 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My big goal this year is to finish a marathon, I'm going to celebrate by getting a tattoo I really want! For smaller goals I've been rewarding myself by buying a new sports bra or getting a message.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!