Cellulite : (

Options
I have it on my tummy, thighs and bum : ( Absolutely hate it.
Apart from the usual diet and exercise and drinking water, is there anything else i could do?
Any tips are much appreciated. Thank you : )

Replies

• lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    it just a matter of losing the fat and toning up..
  • Lammerchops
    Lammerchops Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Fat loss is definitely a big piece of the pie, but so is genetics. Don't want you to have unrealistic expectations.

I think they said like 85-90% of women have some degree of cellulite. Meanwhile, there are certain female body types who can be overweight and still not have a single dimple.

I know. The world is a cruel, cruel place.

Self-tanner helps minimize....
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Yep, it just sucks. And know, it might get worse before it gets it better. When I hit about the 20 lbs lost mark it got astronomically worse. For temporary minimization, I found aggressive massage seemed to smooth it out some. You know for that fifteen minutes when I wanted to get hubby's attention off the football game ;)
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    genetics is huge, but toning, more strength training, and massaging..I know weird but helps the circulation and it goes down, I've used massaging sea weed soap , and it has helped, but exercise and eating less sugar works best.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I had visible reduction in the cellulite on the backs of my thighs in a month. I walked hill intervals on the treadmill, did barbell squats and did the leg press.

8404560679_8de15e7a3c_c.jpg
    dec-jan hammy by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    a lot of it is genetic . i hear it gets better with fat loss though
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Bump.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I had a ridiculous amount of cellulite on the back of my thighs, I use the elliptical a lot, and stair master type machines, and squats and leg press, etc. It's virtually all gone now.
  • Lammerchops
    Lammerchops Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good point made by a poster above who mentioned that weight loss made hers worse.

Cellulite is caused by the way a woman's fat cells are shaped, and how closely to the surface they're located. Our male counterparts aren't made like this.

The idea is to replace any fat loss with muscle GAIN, so as to (and this is way over simplified), "squeeze" out the fat cells using your snazzy new lean muscle mass, which is tight and firm and fabulous. Muscle mass doesn't dimple and pucker.

So ya, EAT YOUR PROTEIN. DON'T EAT SUGAR. DO YOUR DEADLIFTS/SQUATS/LUNGES. DO YOUR CARDIO. Enjoy :)
  • Lalsh
    Lalsh Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the advice, very much appreciated :smile:
    Wow the before and after pics are amazing! I guess i will just have to be patient, it could get a lot better, here's hoping! :tongue:
    I will give you an update and let you all know when and if it has reduced!
    Thanks again everyone :flowerforyou: