Wedding in Sept.... Need some extra motivation!

Options
I know that I should be super focused and in the game for losing weight for my wedding.... but I feel like that pressure is causing me to bulk up! How can that be?! This is the moment that I have been dreaming of... and here I am sabotaging myself...
I sat down this afternoon and wrote down some goals that I think that I can stick to; lose 1 pound a week which gives me 33 pounds before the wedding, to write down everything that I eat on here, and to only drink water.
Am I the only bride out that is feeling this way???

Replies

• pigmartianpig
    Options
    Though I've been married 10 years, I remember the feeling. I switched to eating meals off of a salad plate to control portion size. Half of the plate veggies and the other two quarters starch and protein. I also used the "buff brides" book for workouts I could fit into my schedule.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Write down everything you eat religiously...it will open your eyes, and help you make changes in your diet that will help a bunch. Start a plan with some low intensity cardio - like walking...something that is so easy you can keep it up forever. Come on dude...It's your wedding, buckle down and get busy.
    Walking an hour a day will probably give your mind time to wander and think about all kinds off ideas, so that has got to help you relieve some pressure.
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Your not alone. I too am getting marred this September. I know I'll feel happier if I get up and exercise or avoid the worst foods. yet I too sit here and pig out on chocolate and stare at my work out DVDs asking myself why I just can't find the motivation to get up and do it . So no your not alone. though I too would love to know what my problem is that I just can't get over this bump.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Rather than "lose one pound a week" make goals that are concrete and within your control. Eat five veggies a day. Exercise 30 minutes a day. Log everything you eat.start wherever you are and make concrete goals.
  • BecomingElle
    BecomingElle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting married hahaha but I do have some motivation tips!

Maybe go dress shopping now, or look at some dresses...maybe that will motivate you to look stunning as you walk down the aisle? Even put a photo of your dream dress on your fridge (or inside your wallet if you don't want you fiancé to see it!).

I also made myself two lists.

1. What will happen if I DO make changes to myself right now in this moment and DO lose the weight
    2. What will happen if I DON"T make changes to myself right now in this moment and DON'T lose the weight

It's really eye-opening to look at both lists and I read over them some times. Think about the effects your choices will have on where you'll be an hour from now, a week from now, five months from now, or 2 years from now. Think about where your actions are taking you. Our lives are the sum of our choices.

I also wrote myself a letter if I ever feel like giving up, to remind myself of where I started, why I hated it, and what's there for me in the future :smile:
  • Lovedartist86
    Lovedartist86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    These are all really great ideas! I'm a pretty visual person so I have written my wedding date on my hand (that I generally use to cram food in my mouth) as a very good reminder to watch myself a little more. The concrete goals is a good idea! That way even if the scale says I didn't lose a pound I am still feeling successful! I actually started a Bigeset Loser competition at work to help motivate myself and others.... now I feel pumped up enough to really take control and win it! And lose the weight for my wedding!!! Thanks you guys!
  • lumpsypod
    Options
    First congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I have been married for 18 yrs, I joined myfitnesspal because my husband and I have planned on renewing vows and want to look the best I can for that BIG day again. Just remember that know matter how much you want to be the perfect bride, the man at the end of the aisle loves you. Except each other the way you are and try to make each other laugh everyday. I think this is why we have been together for so long. Keep up your great work and focus on planning that BIG day. Sorry if I rambled on, but again congratulations!!!!!!