over by 2000 calories

Options
I was over by 2000 cals yesterday. And not to mention all the other counts for carbs and fats!
Disgusted - was so on track. Now I am seriously under the train!!!!

Its so hard to get back to low carb low fat once you leave it...

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Don't work on low carb, low fat. Just try to stay within your numbers without leaving HUGE amounts of numbers. Low fat and low carb diets are not diets you can stick to the rest of your life. Think of this as a lifestyle...something that's going to stick.

Why are you doing low carb, low fat? Healthy fats are really good to help you lose weight - almonds, avocado, olive oil, etc. And carbs can do great things for your body too, as long as they're quality - whole grains, not white starches.
  • irunwithscissors
    irunwithscissors Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think we all have a day or two like that....don't worry, just get out from under that train and hop back on! Yesterday is the past, and today is a new day. You are aware of it, and that is the first step to success! Good Luck!
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    It is what it is, today is another day :flowerforyou:
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    Just start new today, its ok to backslide a little as long as you dont stay there or get discouraged because of it.
  • bumblemoo
    bumblemoo Posts: 10
    Options
    Don't think like that, a slip up every so often wont undo all of your hard work, just drag yourself from under the train, brush yourself off and keep going. You're doing great!

:)
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    If you're going to eat low carb (less than 100 g daily), you need to UP your fat intake. You need the fat for satiety reasons - the body cannot rely on protein alone, nor is it healthy to do so.

And for some of us, low carb IS a long-term necessity that's highly sustainable and satisfying. It doesn't work for all, but for some, it's a very good thing.

And that's my two cents.
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    No- I think i said it wrong.., I am not doing low carb - low fat... I just try to keep to my numbers... But when I go over my carbs it shows immediately in my belly... I do just watch my numbers:)

I have to get back on this train... it IS a slippery slope.... BUT TODAY IS A NEW DAY!
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    what happened yesterday happened. today is new. just remind yourself of that.
  • Fry24
    Fry24 Posts: 21
    Options
    Some times, when sticking to my calories seems like it will push me away from this program for the long term, I switch my settings from "Lose 1 lb per week" to "maintain weight" for a few days. It gives me a few extra calories, a break from feeling overwhelmed, and I don't go over board.

Focus on your mental blocks, I know you can do it!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Happens to all of us!

Try to focus on WHY you ate that much. Were you upset or stressed out? Were you feeling deprived something?

In any event, today is the day to turn it around! Think of how great it'll feel to do the exact opposite of what you did yesterday!

YOU CAN DO THIS! :smile:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Just start fresh...dont worry about yesterday, we all go over once in a while

even though I am trying ti figure out, what you ate to go over by 2000 calories...lol

You can do it....just beat yourself up too much

Goodluck
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Agreed, it was one day, don't let it dictate the rest of your week! Get some work outs in & make sure you stay under your calorie goal :)

As far as the low fat/low carb, it can be done, and was a definite contributor to my loss amount in the time frame it happened. Also that was part of my main criteria during my journey. Now that I am maintaining, I have been slowly adding more in, but I still keep in the back of my mind that high fat & carb diets=weight gain. If I exercised a great deal, I may not be as stringent about it, but that's not my lifestyle currently. Keep up the awesome work, stay focused!
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    Awe...We all have bad days like that! Today is a new day and yesterday is in the past. Falling off the wagon once in awhile actually keeps your body guessing & can sometimes raise your metab. I'm not endorsing 2,000+ often but if you fudge a bit once a week (like on weekends) and go over by 500 cal, it's no biggie. We've all been where you are but it's okay...Today you'll make things right.:flowerforyou:
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Some times, when sticking to my calories seems like it will push me away from this program for the long term, I switch my settings from "Lose 1 lb per week" to "maintain weight" for a few days. It gives me a few extra calories, a break from feeling overwhelmed, and I don't go over board.

I think there is a term that describes this, called "Zig-Zagging" calories? I have done this and I feel it kept my metabolism guessing, decreasing chances of plateaus!
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    I think there is a term that describes this, called "Zig-Zagging" calories? I have done this and I feel it kept my metabolism guessing, decreasing chances of plateaus!

That is 100% true for me. Every single time I zig-zag my calories I start losing weight again. Our bodies seem faaaaaaar too clever at working out routines and storing enough energy for them.

I zig zag not only my calories but also my gym routines. Why make it easy for my body :laugh:
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    I joined a Boot Camp /CrossFit program - I cant wait...
    BTW- to go over by 2000 cals - - here's the dirty of it

Chicken - Breast, Boneless, Skinless, Broiled, 1 serving (4oz.) 130
    Kens Balsamic Vinagrette, 4 Tbsp 220
    Pepperoni - Pork, beef, 3 oz 391
    Boboli - Thin Pizza Crust, 1 crust 838
    Cheese - Mozzarella, whole milk, 0.66 cup, shredded 222
    Coors Lite 12 Fl oz - Coors Lite 12 Fl oz, 24 fl oz 208
    Vodka Soda - Cocktail, 2 glass 1.5 ounce 200
    Oreo - Cookie, 6 Cookies 320
    Hershey Kiss - Milk Chocolate Kisses, 3 Pieces 75
    Barlean's Organic Oils - Flax Oil, 1 tbsp 110
    Bananas - Raw, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) 105
    Milk - Nonfat (fat free or skim), 1 cup 86

I started out well...with a smoothi a salad and chicken... but then the beers happened and we made a boboli at 830 calories for half the crust - WHO DOESNT EAT AT LEAST HALF A BOBOLI?????????? Geesh!

The grazing as we made the pizzas hurt me.
    Strawberries - Raw, 5 large (1-3/8" dia) 29 7 0 1 1 2
    Great Value - Provalone Cheese, 2 slice 140 0 10 10 340 0
    Ragu - Original Spaghetti Sauce, 1/2 cup 60 11 1 1 720 2
    Add Food | Remember Meal 3,134 264 129 114 6,059 17