HARD PROBLEM???????

Options
What is the best way to clean hard water stains off of silverware and other cooking/eating utensils?

I made a bit of a joke to get you in here but I really need to know. Advice???

Replies

• carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    CLR cleaning spray- you can get it at most Ace Hardware Stores (stands for Calcium, Lime & Rust).
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Have you tried white vinegar?
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Annoying isn't it!! I tried various things but in the end got some £1 wire wool scourers and just rubbed it as hard as I could.

As for the water stains on the silverware and cooking utensils...
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Vinegar and baking soda.
  • taekwonkenpo
    taekwonkenpo Posts: 1,004
    Options
    I have not tried white vineger but you can bet i will.

And in terms of CLR i don't know if i like the idea of using that on my silverware, cups and so on.
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    Vinegar and baking soda.

Like mix the two up and rub it on the silverware or soak them in a bowl or what?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

^^^ this

it does kettles and shower heads too. get the cheapest clear coloured vinegar you can buy in the shops, because you're not going to use it to flavour food.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Don't vinegar and baking soda fizz and bubble over if you mix them? I remember mixing something with baking soda when I was a kid and making quite a mess. :)
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options

^^^ this

it does kettles and shower heads too. get the cheapest clear coloured vinegar you can buy in the shops, because you're not going to use it to flavour food.

So just any clear vineger should do the trick then? How do i apply it? Just rub it on or let the stuff soak in it for awhile?
  • WIChelle
    Options
    Yes they do and that is what removes the build up.
  • WIChelle
    Options
    Vinegar and baking soda.

Like mix the two up and rub it on the silverware or soak them in a bowl or what?

Soak until it is done fizzing for a while and rinse. We had a hobby farm with very hard water for 15 years. There are chemicals you can buy to do it but i didnt want chemicals going in the septic system.
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    It is my dishwasher that does it. I put something in there and it comes out stained all to hell! Jet dry does nothing to help at all!
  • WIChelle
    Options
    It is my dishwasher that does it. I put something in there and it comes out stained all to hell! Jet dry does nothing to help at all!

have you tried Lemi-shine?
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options

have you tried Lemishine?

I have no idea what that is? where can i get it? How do i use it?
  • falconmilk
    Options
    If it lasts more than 4 hours...see a doctor. :tongue: