Dreams: It's for my psychology class. I need 10 people.

Options
kassiebby1124
kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
Okay! I need AT LEAST 10 people to answer some questions for my psychology class please. It's about dreams. There are only 3. Thank you!
1) Do you dream often?
2) Do you have any reoccurring dreams? If so, can you describe them?
3) Do you think dreams have meaning or are they random?
Thank you so much!

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    1. Yes
    2. Yes, I have had this one particular dream about 20 times in my life, it's exactly the same and I do the exact same thing in it. I can't explain it, I'm alone and drinking orange juice. It's weird.
    3. I think they have meaning.
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    1) I dream every night- I can almost always remember at least one of my dreams as well. I always dream in colour as well.
    2) I don't have recurring dreams, At least not that I can remember.
    3) I think it depends on the dream I have. I know there are some elements that have to do with real life, but for the most part my dreams are incredibly random and they don't have meaning.
  • FrankenBeanz
    FrankenBeanz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    1) Yes
    2) No
    3) I believe they're your brains way of processing information - No I don't believe they predict things.
  • Angel37615
    Angel37615 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    1) Yes, every night it seems
    2) Nothing recurring
    3) My dreams usually consist of a warped jumble of events or thoughts that occurred the day before
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    1) Yes, though I do not always recall them.
    2) Not really. I tend to dream about work when I am stressed.
    3) Random
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Okay! I need AT LEAST 10 people to answer some questions for my psychology class please. It's about dreams. There are only 3. Thank you!
    1) Do you dream often?
    Thank you so much!

I'll help...

1) yes

2) Yes - that I am with my best friend somewhere that isn't where our reality actually is. The locations vary, but we are always doing something fun.

3) I believe a little bit of both. I know that when I've had bad weeks at work, I tend to dream about work because it's always on my mind, but then I do have random dreams that seem to come out of nowhwere.
  • cainie19
    cainie19 Posts: 126
    Options
    1 - YES i have terrible dreams every night!!
    2 - YES I've been having this same recurring dream for about 4 years now. However recently the ending changed and I haven't had it since!
    3 - YES i believe you solve your problems or live out your worst fears without any real danger in your dreams
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    1) Do you dream often?
    Thank you so much!

1. No
    2. No
    3. I think they sometimes have meanings behind them. Actually, when I do dream it's connected to something that has happened.

Best of luck on your paper! :flowerforyou:
    Sheila
  • nat08b
    nat08b Posts: 14
    Options
    1) Yes, but I can't always remember them.
    2) No
    3) I think dreams have a lot of meaning--I think they are our subconscious still working while we're sleeping. I don't think we always understand what they mean, but I do think there is always a meaning---large or small.
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    1) Yes, most nights but dreams get more weird if I have had a glass of wine
    2) Not for a long time
    3)It's just a way for my subconscious to get over the madness of the day
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    1. yes, almost every night

2. I used to have a recurring dream as a child, but haven't had it in over 20 years (my sister and I were wearing our fancy Sunday winter coats and were being chased by cartoon vampires, with the Scooby Doo gang and Fonzi with me- watched too much TV, you think???)

3. I think dreams are a way of processing events that actaually take place,

Good luck in your class!!!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    1) Almost every night

2) Recurring dream? Sorta... not really a recurring plot, but a lot of the same scenarios.

3) I think they have meaning
  • KirstyAlysea
    Options
    Yes, but not very often and they're usually nightmares or weird dreams
    Yes- I used to have one as a kid and only sometimes have it now. I've been abandoned at a train station in the desert.
    I believe they have meaning but to certain things that are happening in your life and what's on your mind not that they predict the future
  • brwneyedbrndi
    brwneyedbrndi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    1. Yes, a few times a week.
    2. Growing up, I had reoccuring dreams with tornados. I've never been in or seen a tornado in real life, but I'm fascinated by them. The tornadoes in my dreams would never hurt me or anyone I was with, but the dreams were always different. More recently, (and dont laugh) I've had reoccuring zombie dreams/nightmares. They started after watching the first 1.5 episodes of The Walking Dead. I've never had dreams mimick a movie or tv show I've watched; this is the first time, which is also why I can't finish watching the show.
    3. I think some dreams have meaning/signifcance in them, and some are random.

Good luck on your paper! Be sure to tell us the outcome!
  • straightjacketjacob
    Options
    1.No
    2.Yes
    3.Yes. I think your dreams are a mixture of your daily events blended with your hopes, insecurities and fears.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Yes
    Yes
    And yes to both......
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    1. about a couple times a week but not every night.
    2) No
    3) Yes i think dreams have means to some degree, but i also feel that our dreams are the things that are continuously on your mind
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    1) Do you dream often?
    Thank you so much!

not anymore
    when I was married I had recurring dreams of being a cowgirl back in the early days- in charge of my life and taking care of others etc etc
    I think dreams do have meaning and worth ...you just have to dissect them and pull the meaning out ...they always have reference to whats happening, will happen or you want to have happen :) good luck on your class :)
  • Cheryl188
    Cheryl188 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    1) I have multiple, vivid dreams every night.
    2) I've had several reoccuring themes in my dreams. The most common is toilets. I often need to use the toilet but all the toilets are filthy or clogged or exposed to the public.
    3) I don't think they have meanings other than your brain is relaxed and sorting itself out.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    1) Do you dream often?
    Thank you so much!

1) I dream a few times a week. Not sure what constitutes often so I'll give you that and let you put me in the category it goes with! :)
    2) I don't think any actually reoccur that I can recall - I have had similar things with different details - mainly regarding concerts and meeting bands.
    3) This is an interesting one. I have had insane senses of deja vu, to the point where I've asked my fiancee if this has happened before or gone 'you already told me that' when it had just happened that day. So whereas it wasn't anything important or had any real meaning, it was telling me something that was going to happen in the future. I've also had my deceased grandmother appear in my dreams when I've been having a really bad day. So I think there are times that they do, but sometimes they're just events. :)