Dreams: It's for my psychology class. I need 10 people.

Options

Replies

• mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    1. Yes
    2. When I am worried or concerned about something I dream about it. Often my dreams are an extension of my day trying to solve a problem. I am not having any problems, my dreams are usually pleasant. When I was younger, I kept dreaming I couldn't find my classroom and was very behind in my work. It wqas always when I was under stress.
    3. My dreams absolutely have meaning. They reflect my emotions, stress and joy.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    1. I dream every night (although sometimes I can't remember them)
    2. I have recurrent dreams of tornadoes. I'm never hurt in them but I see them coming and I'm always getting to a "safe place".
    3. I definitely think dreams have meaning and have a lot to do with our subconscious thoughts.

I'd be interested to hear about your paper or study or assignment:)
  • dq_diva
    dq_diva Posts: 66
    Options
    1) yes
    2) yes; It's gross but I'll share anyway....I have a recurring dream that all of my teeth are loose and some have come out and I'm chewing on them. (Told you it's gross! ha!)
    3) I have heard that this particular dream is a sign of low self-esteem and/or insecurities, which, in my case, is true. I think it's possible for dreams to mean something but not always.

Good luck :)
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

2) yes; It's gross but I'll share anyway....I have a recurring dream that all of my teeth are loose and some have come out and I'm chewing on them. (Told you it's gross! ha!)

Good luck :)

Me too!!!! EUuuuuuw so gross
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    1. Yes, I dream nightly. 2. In my 20s and 30s and some of my 40s I had a reoccuring dream that I called my war/ storm dreams, meaning I would be walking through neighborhoods that were completly devistated by war or a tornado. Then in 2005, my husband and I left our careers to do storm cleaning, when we got to Biloxi Ms post Katrina. We drove through the devistated neighborhoods, I instanly flashed to my dreams, I have never had them since. Yes of course they have meaning.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Okay! I need AT LEAST 10 people to answer some questions for my psychology class please. It's about dreams. There are only 3. Thank you!
    1) Do you dream often?
    2) Do you have any reoccurring dreams? If so, can you describe them?
    3) Do you think dreams have meaning or are they random?
    Thank you so much!
    1. yes
    2 yes...I still dream that I am in college, signed up for classes which I have not attended, and it's finals week, and I don't even know where the class is located on the campus....this is 20 years post college!
    3. They are meaningful, for the most part, although mixed up with some crazy randomness!
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I dream every night

I don't have dreams over and over but I do dream of the same places that don't exist in real life... such as a dream university, city, church, etc...

I do not think that these dreams have meaning... although the story lines are usually fantastic.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    1) Do you dream often?
    I remember my dreams fairly often, I'd say two or three times a week, sometimes more.

Yes. Usually returning to particular places that are devoid of other people and that I am searching for someone. I also have serial dreams.

Both. I think some dreams come about due to things we have going on in our life and the dreams symbolise solutions or the issues themselves. Other times, I think they're just random stuff.
  • bricktowngal
    Options
    1. Yes
    2. When I am worried or concerned about something I dream about it. Often my dreams are an extension of my day trying to solve a problem. I am not having any problems, my dreams are usually pleasant. When I was younger, I kept dreaming I couldn't find my classroom and was very behind in my work. It wqas always when I was under stress.
    3. My dreams absolutely have meaning. They reflect my emotions, stress and joy.

This! Exactly!
  • curvynblonde
    curvynblonde Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    1) Do you dream often?

I dream every night and if I think about it soon enough after I wake up, I can remember most of them.

I used to have a reoccurring dream that my brother and I were in a room with no windows , sitting on a bed facing a little table with a phone on it. It was one of those old fashioned phones, the rotary kind. Also, we are kids in my dream, I'm about 6 and he's about 4.
    The phone would ring and I would answer it and the voice on the other end would start off really low and slow and gradually get very high and very fast. I never knew what it was saying.
    Then I would wake up.

I'm not sure if it meant anything but I remember it would scare me sometimes. I haven't had that dream in years and it's weird to think about it now.
  • DarkAngel262
    DarkAngel262 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    1) Yes, I dream most nights, and remember them.

2) I have a couple reoccuring dreams. One is that I am standing on a tranquil beach and I turn around and there is a tidal wave. Sometimes it's crystal blue water, other times murky brown water. But hands down, the dream I feel like I dream EVERY night is that I am in college and it's the end of my last semester and I'm not going to graduate. Most of the time in the dream I'm in trouble for skipping school too much. Oddly enough, when I really went to school I rarely missed class and made straight As.

3) I was a psych major, too. So I 've studied dreams and sleep. I have read that the school dream is an underlying fear of failure. I'v read the wave dream is a feeling of overwhelming pressure.

I love this stuff! Good luck!
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    1) Yes.
    2) Nope.
    3) Yes, sometimes.
  • hollyjane77
    Options
    1. yes
    2. I've had a few recurring dreams since childhood. All nightmares. The most common one is that I'm being chased (or about to be hit by a car) and I can only move in slow motion & when I try to yell out, it only comes out in a whisper.
    3. I believe that bad dreams are related to anxiety (which I have plenty of.)
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    1) Do you dream often?

i was trying to have lucid dreams for awhile & inception opened my mind up a little bit about the possibility of dreams

1) if i consciously try to before i sleep and when i wake up i almost always do
    2)no, though when i was a child like junior high age i had these weird dreams almost like a gameshow and a new contest/game would occur all the time the dream would always be different but reoccurring central idea. i would be in the contest but dont remember to much about them.
    3)dont believe anything in life is truly random especially coming from ones brain. the universe is based on unified laws that we are all subjected too!

bonus note i have only had a really horrifying nightmare once, when i was 8 years old after i took some vicodin

would you mind telling us a little more about this assignment and i would love to hear the objective/purpose/end.
  • speedgoose
    Options
    Ok you obviously already have way more than 10 lol....but GREAT idea to get it done on here!! I wish I would have thought of internet forums to get stuff done for class when I was in college lol.
  • Kamile69
    Options
    Okay! I need AT LEAST 10 people to answer some questions for my psychology class please. It's about dreams. There are only 3. Thank you!
    1) Do you dream often?
    Thank you so much!

1. - No, I don't...probably because I don't sleep that well.
    2. - No I don't think so.
    3. - I'm going with random...

Good luck!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    1) Yes, every night, although sometimes I cannot recall them or when I do, upon waking they fade.
    2) Yes, I have a few recurring dreams. There is the one with the house, with the plant pot on the windowsill, the bird on the lawn, it is like a still picture and nothing happens, I just observe. There is one where I am trying to find a toilet, in these dark, dingy almost underground rooms. I am lost and desperate to urinate. There is one with the building with lots of stairs. Some of the flights of stairs end oddly, as in you cannot climb them and have to jump and climb rails and edges of stairwells to manoeuvre the building. There is also another with me pregnant in a dark hospital with lots of other women who are all in pain and all giving birth to malformed babies, some are even dead. There is also one where I walk a lot along the grass, through fields, by the same tree, past the same hotel, and then off onto a country road where the road is uneven, wet, muddy. Oh and the other seaside one, where the tide is so big and high and I just keep swimming. The moon is in the sky at some point. Damn, there are more than a few and there is a final one I can remember about having to hide in this house with about four other adults from this big monster which is outside making an awful noise. All these dreams have recurred more than twice I think, perhaps that is how I can remember them so well.
    3) Do you think dreams have meaning or are they random? No, I think dreams are my subconscious rinsing itself or trying to make sense or order out of all the information that it has taken in during the day and night throughout my life.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    1) Yes, every night.
    2) No, my dreams are rarely the same.
    3) I'm certain they have meaning. And they are terrifying. I don't remember that last time I had a dream that wasn't absolutely dreadful in some way.
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options
    1 - Yes
    2 - No
    3 - Yes, but I think they reflect things happening in your day to day life rather than being a hidden message. Or they are completely off the wall bonkers that no one could explain lol
  • MoonSapphire
    MoonSapphire Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    1) Do you dream often?
    Yes, I dream every night, and I remember them when I wake up, I also know I'm dreaming when I'm asleep

Yes, I have the same dream A LOT, I'm always trying to fly but I can only get off the ground a few feet, then I fall back to the ground

Both, I