How often do should I weigh myself

I want to stop obsessing about the number in the scales but still need to weigh myself to make sure I am making some progress. How often should I weigh myself? At the moment it's weekly at the same time and day

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Do you know what the scale number represents? If so, then it probably doesn't matter. If not (or if you do but haven't fully accepted it), then I'd say once a week... same day of the week, same time of day, same clothes.
  • MichelleKS37
    MichelleKS37 Posts: 10 Member
    I usually do it weekly also. If you do it on too close to a day to day basis you go insane. It's so easy to fluctuate one to two pounds. I would also maybe every month measure to see the success too.
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Do you know what the scale number represents? If so, then it probably doesn't matter. If not (or if you do but haven't fully accepted it), then I'd say once a week... same day of the week, same time of day, same clothes.
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    I totally agree with the person above me!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    If you obsess over the scale, then a weekly weigh-in is fine.

I weigh every day, but I don't obsess over it, and my scale goes up and down daily. The only reason I weigh daily is in all honesty because I find it interesting seeing what affects my body and how, i.e. sodium levels, TOTM, etc.

Personally I would stick with what you are doing, if you weigh yourself more, you have to be prepared for fluctuations and not take them to heart.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    I only weigh myself once a month. Use measurements to track your progress, they're more reliable than the scale IMO.
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 274 Member
    I was terrible last year and the scales ruled me, so this year I was determined not to let it happen, i started back on journey 30 dec and have not weighed myself yet, my date to weigh is the 6th feb, i am started to get to get edgy every morning but been good, really hoping to do once a month, i know i am eating correct etc.. so the scales should speak for themselves. This is my new healthy life no matter what weight i am
  • woolstockboy1
    woolstockboy1 Posts: 50 Member
    I weigh myself every morning when I get up. I log my weight once a week on Sunday mornings. I like to weigh myself daily fully understanding the flucuations involved in food and water intake. By weighing myself daily if I get up and I'm a pound heavier than I was the day before it motivates me to work out that much harder that day and be more concerned with what I eat.