No weight loss!

Options
In my first week of healthy eating I lost 6lb, this week I haven't lost anything :( My diet as mainly been the same but I have been doing Zumba every day, I was told this could be due to muscle tissue swealing & water? I've been eating weight watchers meal some days twice a day? Ive stopped then now today is a new day & a new week try things different any advice & help would be great please :) x

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    1. Most people have a big loss their first week, then it levels off. That second week, it is quite common not to lose anything. That is normal.

2. Weight loss will not be consistent in general. One week you may lose two pounds, then you may stay the same weight for a week or two. It happens. Weight loss is not linear.

3. Meals loaded with sodium (like your frozen Weight Watchers meals) will make you retain water and show up on the scale. If I go out to eat at a restaurant and eat a high sodium meal, my weight will generally be up 2 pounds or so for 1-2 days. Again, that is normal. So you may have lost another pound and the sodium is hiding that loss (or you may not have lost at all this week, see #1).

Keep on exercising and counting calories. It is working and will continue to work if you keep at it!
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear.. you won't lose every week! It sucks but it's just the way it is.

Muscles retaining water, too much sodium in your diet (those frozen/canned WW meals are brutal on the sodium) will cause water weight, not getting enough water, etc etc. Hormones will also either cause you to lose, gain or stay the same.

Don't worry about not losing one week.. or two weeks. Keep going and switch up your workouts from time to time andyou will get there. Look at the losses over the long term instead of week by week
  • tweishap
    tweishap Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    In my first week of healthy eating I lost 6lb, this week I haven't lost anything :( My diet as mainly been the same but I have been doing Zumba every day, I was told this could be due to muscle tissue swealing & water? I've been eating weight watchers meal some days twice a day? Ive stopped then now today is a new day & a new week try things different any advice & help would be great please :) x

I try to avoid those pre-frozen meals too much sodium. They are handy in a pinch but fresh veggies and fruit have almost no calories! I also find if I don't eat enough calories I don't lose weight and if I'm not drinking enough water. My weight fluctuates even from hour to hour...weigh in only once a week if possible--it will be less aggrevating for you.
  • riche87
    Options
    you need a good program + Zumba and will pass very very well
    most people it uses fat loss factor program
    Fat Loss Factor is a 12 week program. The plan begins with a two week detox period. According to the program, the two week detox helps to purify your body of toxins and pollutants and makes it easier to lose weight during the rest of the process.
    For more information about the program
    http://tinyurl.com/ay7vxga
  • Thank you for all your advice, it's all taken on board them weight watchers meals are out the window :) I'm defiantly keeping at it I'm not going to give up that easy