pre workout snacks vs fasted workouts???

Options
I go to the gym at about 7.30 before my lectures, and never seem to have time for breakfast (probably because im lazy) whats better working out on a empty stomach or a pre workout snack and if so whats good to eat before the gym, I mainly do cardio because my shoulders have problems and i cant lift a lot :)

Replies

• beedrty
    beedrty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this as well. For me it's 6:30 pm, too early for dinner.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I don't like to work out on an empty stomach--a banana or small granola bar gives me enough to go on without making me uncomfortable while exercising.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure the difference is significant enough to worry about. I'd let the quality/intensity of your workout determine what you "should" do. Some people feel better and go harder on an empty stomach, some people need to eat before. Do what makes you feel the best during your workout.
  • superrjo
    superrjo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If i eat less than 2 hours before i workout, and sometimes even then, i feel really sick. I far prefer working out on an empty stomach!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I always work out fasted because I prefer it. Do what you prefer.
  • roddi7997
    roddi7997 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It depends on how long / intense you are working out and also how you feel while working out with or without snacking. Everyone has different preferences. An apple or another small fruit is usually good before working out if you need a little boost.