Stubborn Belly Fat

Options
Serious question guys, how do you get rid of the above?

I've lost about 50lbs and have another 30 to go whilst am getting smaller, this tyre of FAT around my middle isnt shifting. I exercise 6 times a week, mostly cardio, also do some boot camp/circuits but doesnt seem to be making any difference.

Any tips really appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

• elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've been doing South Beach......low carbs and sugar type thing. It's supposed to help with belly fat.
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and don't know a lot, but I have one question for you: have you measured yourself? I also have a tire around my middle although I've lost 7 lbs. I THINK it is going down although it is still there, but I haven't measured myself yet to know for sure. Do your clothes feel looser around the waist? Then that is your shape and you can get smaller and still have your basic shape. I'll let the experts tell you if there's any way of getting rid of the tire (and I could use the advice too).
  • abcindy
    abcindy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Not an expert. But from my experience doing a combination of exercises does help. I usually alternate between cardio, yoga and strength based. My tummy has gone down some, though not completely. I just signed up for personal training, hope a trainer can guide me in lifting :)
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You need to start lifting weights. Or at a minimum body weight exercises.

You need to change the ratio of fat to lean body mass as you lose weight. If all you do is cardio then all you are doing is getting smaller in the same ratio. If you maintain your lean body mass by lifting weights, then you will keep that and lose the fat.
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It seems like the belly is the last to go for a lot of people. I'm about 11 # from my "goal" and I'm just starting to see a real difference around the middle. Don't be discouraged. You're doing a great job!

Have you taken "before" photos? I don't see a huge difference in myself when I look in the mirror (because I see myself every day), but I can see a huge difference between my "day 1" and my "day 30" and an even bigger difference in my "day 30" to "day 60". It's a good motivator to keep going. Since the change is so gradual, you may not see it in yourself, but I bet your tummy is shrinking too. :smile:
  • sweetcheeks1978
    Options
    BUMP