Green Coffee Bean

Options
Hi Everyone,

This topic is sure to get some people going but honestly, what do people think of taking Green Coffee Bean pills to aid in weight loss?

I know this product was on Dr. Oz and regarded highly but I want to hear what people think and if anyone has taken it. Do not angrily message me I am simply asking for advice, information, anything you tell me because I am not an expert in this category but I know some people take pills to help them lose weight.

Feel free to add me as a friend as well I am always looking for new friends to motivate me, share their story and be there for me.

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is a despicable huckster and the Leafs suck. :wink:
    Don't waste your money.
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I saw a video of Dr. Oz's review of it and decided to give it a shot. I've been taking it for a week and find that it totally stopped all the cravings that I used to have every time I got anywhere near food. So far I'm very happy with it. I lost nearly 5 pounds in the last week.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    LEAFS ROCK!!!!!!, and yeah,,,,
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is a despicable huckster and the Leafs suck. :wink:
    Don't waste your money.

lol, huckster
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

This topic is sure to get some people going but honestly, what do people think of taking Green Coffee Bean pills to aid in weight loss?

I know this product was on Dr. Oz and regarded highly but I want to hear what people think and if anyone has taken it. Do not angrily message me I am simply asking for advice, information, anything you tell me because I am not an expert in this category but I know some people take pills to help them lose weight.

Feel free to add me as a friend as well I am always looking for new friends to motivate me, share their story and be there for me.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/dr-oz-and-green-coffee-beans-more-weight-loss-pseudoscience/
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Yeh---every week he rhapsodizes about some new pill that is going to take away everyone's fat and make the sky rain little fluffy pink bunnies. The last one I heard about from him is garcinia cambogia (Citrimax) and I wondered if he had stock in the company that makes the stuff.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Ever since the whole "apples and apple juice is full of arsenic and we're poisoning our children" debacle on Dr. Oz, I pretty much ignore anything he has to say. Honestly, I'd say the Green Coffee Bean thing is probably another fad like acai berries and hoodia.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I suppose there is something to be said for the placebo effect.
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I think that green coffee bean and raspberry ketones may be more effective for some people than others. I am one of the others. I tried it as a supplement to healthy and kcal conscious diet and it resulted in a 2lb loss. But then like other supplemental aids directed at weightloss--I plateaued and then the 2 lbs crept back. After the regain, I double the dosage but to no affect.

So I cancelled that weightloss campaign and went back to healthy nutrition eating (1100-1300 kcal daily) that resumes the 200-300 kcal I had cut. [Really this is what I have been eating for years. A pig-out is 1600 kcal!] I also went back to generally nutrition reading hoping to find my missing piece. Green coffee beans were not it.

I have a renewed campaign as of last Saturday. It is too new to determine, if I have found my missing piece. If I can loose another 9lbs, then I will post more.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I think that green coffee bean and raspberry ketones may be more effective for some people than others. I am one of the others. I tried it as a supplement to healthy and kcal conscious diet and it resulted in a 2lb loss. But then like other supplemental aids directed at weightloss--I plateaued and then the 2 lbs crept back. After the regain, I double the dosage but to no affect.

So I cancelled that weightloss campaign and went back to healthy nutrition eating (1100-1300 kcal daily) that resumes the 200-300 kcal I had cut. [Really this is what I have been eating for years. A pig-out is 1600 kcal!] I also went back to generally nutrition reading hoping to find my missing piece. Green coffee beans were not it.

I have a renewed campaign as of last Saturday. It is too new to determine, if I have found my missing piece. If I can loose another 9lbs, then I will post more.

Maybe if you ate a substantial amount of food to begin with, you wouldn't have to resort to fad diet supplements.
  • JBreed236
    JBreed236 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started it the other day so I'll keep you updated...feel free to add me also.
  • devrinator
    devrinator Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I think the green bean coffee thing is in fact a faddy thing; however, there are many things such as green tea, yerba mate, and green bean coffee that could slightly aid in weight loss if you're already counting calories and exercising.

I don't think there is a miracle cure, and I think the effects are very minimal, but over the long term, they may seem slightly substantial.

I'm saying that some things may help boost metabolism or maybe increase calorie burn, but only very slightly. There may be some type of synergistic effect that will aid you in losing an extra ounce or so at the end of the week. With that said, is it worth it?